Part of the Palatinate Group, Your Golf Travel is the World's largest golf travel business, offering golf breaks and golf holidays to over 3,000 destinations in 22 countries throughout the UK, Ireland, Europe and the Rest of the World. Since our inception in 2004 we have experienced rapid growth and are now a team of over 300 based out of our London office. Along the way we have built some truly amazing relationships with our suppliers and customers, have developed a huge range of incredible travel products and experiences, won countless awards...and we are just getting started!
What makes us unique? Our people. Our employees are the life of our business and by joining our team you will become part of the most talented, ambitious passionate, collaborative and entrepreneurial team in golf travel as we continue to make huge waves in the market and further our position as the world's leading golf travel company.The Role
We are looking for a temporary senior finance assistant to join our fast-paced finance team. As a key member of the Financial Processing team, the finance assistant will be responsible for bank and receipt reconciliations, daily cash management and providing wider support to the transactional finance team.
The successful applicant will be a confident finance professional with hands on finance experience with banking, financial products and cash management. You must be able to hit the ground running and make a positive contribution to the team. You should demonstrate strong attention to detail and an investigative nature and have great excel skills.
To confirm this will be for an initial one-month contract and mainly based in our London office with some work from home days during the contract.Responsibilities
- Management and administration of the bank reconciliation process ensuring that all reconciliations are clean and fully reconciled for month end.
- Daily Cash Management - Download daily bank transactions and update the central cashbook sheet.Identify all receipts and payments, categorise and action accordingly.
- Post all receipts onto Sage and update the sales system simultaneously
- Daily reconciliations for all payment solutions vs sales system
- Responsible for following up with the wider finance team to ensure all payments are reconciled daily.
- Reconciliation of weekly receipts in coordination with Management Accountants
- Process invoices onto the system and verify they match what is in the booking system
- Verify that transactions comply with the financial policies and procedures
- Assist with the payment run on a fortnightly basis
- Ensure all payments are allocated and remittances produced
- Adhoc work as required to support the accounts team
Knowledge and Abilities
- Skilled in planning, prioritising and organising tasks
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Effective in handling multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to identify and escalate queries as appropriate
- Excellent team working and collaboration skills
- Experience with banking, financial products and cash management
- You will have excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience in reconciling across multiple systems
- Sage experience desirable
- Salary negotiable on experience
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Great discounts across our group of travel companies
- Subsidised gym membership