Process Engineering Manager (Ref:19538) Southwell, Nottinghamshire Salary; up to £40k Full Time / Permanent The Role Summary
To provide Engineering and Technical support to Multi Site Manufacturing Operations, with particular focus on continuous improvements of existing production processes and products.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Daily Problem Follow Up (PFU) resolution with responsibility to apply initial containment and rectification actions and effect timely preventative actions to minimise downtime.
- Prioritise and determine improved process methods (Cycle Time/Setup Time/Quality) to include materials, tooling, machines, equipment and methods for current production
- Application of lean concepts and structured problem solving
- Create capital expenditure requests for new equipment, ensuring agreed ROI is achieved.
- Interrogate existing working methods and create process documentation to provide capable and consistent production methodology
- Create process documentation to facilitate manufacturing method and consistent control systems for same components on multiple sites
- Co-ordinate with other engineers, such as quality, technical, design and maintenance engineers, to ensure all product and system requirements are taken into account when delivering improvements
- Liaise with suppliers and manage internal customers' expectations
- Supervise sub-contractors and ensure effective communication to minimise equipment downtime.
- Keep statistical and financial records to manage project budgets.
- Keep up to date with current and developing trends in the manufacturing industry, at a national and international level.
- Manage changes though our change control process ensuring all evidence is documented.
- 6 Sigma Yellow Belt or above
- Experienced in implementing improvements in high volume manufacturing
- Knowledge of a range of engineering functions and procedures (PFMEA, Change Control, etc)
- A practical and logical approach to problem-solving with effective root cause analysis (Ishikawa, 5 Whys etc)
- Project management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Solidworks 3D experience
- AutoCAD 2D experience
- Previous experience in precision metal forming
- Knowledge of ERP systems
A manufacturing business specialising in the manufacture of precision engineering solutions. They specialise in metal and plastic components. Dedicated to being a leading business in their market, they are continually growing in a state of the art manufacturing facility.