The Project Manager will provide Project Management input to support the Sales, Technical and Manufacturing teams. You will work with a team of Project Managers and Engineers that are approachable, focused on continuous improvement and hard at work to provide Project Management support that meet or exceed our customers' expectations.Client Details
My client is a leading designer, manufacturer and global provider of engineered products used in the offshore O&G and special applications industries, based in Hertfordshire.Description
The Project Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Project managing orders from PO arrival all the way to final completion, delivery and cash collection.
- Carrying out kick-off meetings in a timely manner to ensure requirements of the customer and business are met without delays.
- Ensure the project scope is captured correctly at the start of the project and proactive/forward planning is carried out to capture critical dates.
- Using the Project Management Tools to capture the scope, assist with day to day activities and communicate change in a correct and constructive manner.
- Collating simple to detailed (where required) project schedules from the onset of the project and ensuring all teams are meeting deadlines accordingly.
- Managing clients' expectations on a day to day basis, ensuring their requirements are met.
- Identifying project risks such as long lead items and capturing these within the plan.
- Maintaining communication with the procurement team to ensure goods/materials are arriving as per project schedule dates.
- Collating weekly/bi-weekly reports for clients where needed.
- Read and understand GA drawings to highlight any project risks involved.
- Managing document control effectively throughout the project.
- Producing Work Breakdown Structures on projects where necessary.
- Expediting requirements with all stakeholders in the project to ensure project targets are met.
- Project Engineer or Project Manager within a design and manufacturing environment.
- A degree or college diploma in the field of Project Management or Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical.
- Proficient with MS office application particularly MS Project, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Can work both independently and in a team orientated, collaborative environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Able to effectively prioritise and execute task in a high-pressure environment.
£35,000 - £40,000 + benefits.