Our client, Surrey Council is looking for an Educational Psychologist to join their team. Key Accountabilities
- To perform effectively as an EP in a multi professional context.
- To provide high quality psychological consultation to schools
- Assist maintained mainstream and special schools and Short Stay Schools to improve the learning conditions for children
- To support the statutory responsibilities of the LA in relation to Special Educational Needs.
- To provide a service to children in their early years.
- To support the development and impact of Educational Psychology in the area and across Surrey. To contribute to and participate in continuing professional development.
- For EPs with 1 year's experience: To contribute to project development and special interest work
- Contribute to team planning arrangements with schools. Collaborate in work with other disciplines as appropriate.
- Consult to SENCOs, teachers, parents and other professionals. Undertake classroom observation and learning environment assessment Undertake individual specialist psychological assessment where appropriate. Feedback to schools using agreed formats Maintain records of work in schools and with individual pupils using agreed formats and electronic database
- Provide consultation to relevant adults working with children and young people. Deliver training on specific areas (in collaboration with other disciplines as appropriate)
- To provide statutory psychological advice within specified time periods.
- To participate in annual reviews.
- To plan, in collaboration with SEN Management, the LA response to SEND Tribunals and to represent the LA in such Tribunals.
- To monitor, evaluate and review identified independent and out of county education placements
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.