Asset Management Enterprise Risk Manager is a senior position reporting into Group Head of Enterprise Risk. The focus of the role is to support the Group Head and to embed the ERM framework within the asset management management company. This includes working with stakeholders to embed risk appetite and sound risk management into their business activities, and to lead on Investment Management Committee reporting.
• Take specific responsibility for:
o Managing the relationship with the private markets investment team
o ESG strategy in ERM and operational risk
o Committee papers co-ordination
o Risk appetite maintenance (ensuring that risk appetite and monitoring thereof is fit for purpose on an on-going basis).
• Ensure that the design, implementation, oversight of risk management is appropriate, aligned to the strategic priorities and embedded within the business.
• Play a lead role in developing initiatives to support a healthy risk culture and to embed strong risk management across the business.
• Support the development of the Risk Simplification programme.
• Support the delivery of ALM/Investment work evolving from the DB Pension Valuation programme.
One direct report (Senior Operational Risk Analyst).
• Drive engagement and buy-in of senior management across the business with respect to risks and controls in their business areas
• Drive senior management and risk owners to set tolerances, measure risks, maintain risk registers, update risk assessments and implement controls.
• Provide facilitation and guidance to teams and individuals within to support their first-line risk management activities. This may include process development, report design, documentation, policy implementation, risk register review, etc.
Managing Processes & Future Focus
• Elevate the management of enterprise risk and operational risk across the Group to a more strategic level.
• Identify opportunities to improve control testing.
• Actively contribute to the writing of papers, development of reports and presentations to various executive and non-executive committees.
Technical Competencies, Skills and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in a Science or other numerate subject
• Professional designation such as CFA would be highly advantageous but not essential.
• Strong working knowledge and experience of the asset management industry, in a senior risk role.
• Proven people management skills.
• Experience and in-depth understanding of risk management, risk policies, risk procedures, risk appetite articulation and risk governance.
• Experience of developing and implementing risk management strategies and policies.
• Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with senior management, along with excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).