Location: London. X2 days at Head Office in Tower Hill. X3 days working remotely. Occasional evening and weekend work for some events.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The organisation's vision is that everyone has a place to call home and can fulfil their hopes and ambitions.
As a homeless charity and housing association our clients are at the heart of everything we do. We provide a bed and support to 2,800 people a night who are either homeless or at risk, and work to end homelessness and rebuild lives.
This role within the National Community and Events Team, will be responsible for managing a portfolio of third party and bespoke, challenges and virtual events.
In a growing team with a target of £525,000, we are looking for a self-driven individual, who is motivated by achieving targets and delivering a memorable supporter experience. You will need to have experience in either event fundraising, community fundraising or individual giving. We are looking for a confident communicator who will thrive in a busy, fast paced environment, using their own initiative and managing their own workload
This role will also support the Community Fundraising team on an ad hoc basis.
1. Event management and fundraising
• Implement all challenge event management plans, to help reach fundraising income targets
• Create detailed project management plans for all events
• Build and implement effective multi-faceted marketing plans across a range of digital and print marketing channels
• Work with the Senior National Community and Events (SNCEM) to manage the event management budget. Track and monitor income and expenditure monthly
• Grow our presence at third party events by increasing the number of event participants, volunteers and staff we have at live events. Use marketing methods, internal communication platforms and internal relationships to advertise our events. Upcoming events include Royal Parks, Hackney Half and the London to Brighton cycle ride
• Manage all event operations and logistics. Order and prepare event materials, staff briefings and any suppliers/ couriers needed for each event
• Provide exceptional customer service to supporters in person, digitally and via telephone meetings. Create supporter updates for each event, keeping participants abreast of event developments and fundraising ideas/ support.
• Manage relationships with key fundraising suppliers such as JustGiving, Limelight events and London Marathon Events
• Review fundraising processes for your area, ensuring fundraising regulations are being met. Ensure compliance at all times with the Fundraising regulator codes of practice.
• Keep abreast of the sector, making recommendations on how we adapt our work to meet remain competitive within our sector
3. Internal Liaison
• Work in partnership with the Communications Team to create robust mixed marketing campaigns. Use your sector knowledge to make recommendations and contribute to creative planning sessions
• Work with our Regional Fundraising Coordinators to promote and manage our regional challenge events
• Support the wider team National Community and Events team with their fundraising activity and events.
• Deliver regular income and activity reports to the Senior National Community and Events Manager.
• Work with the Data Insight and Supporter Care team to track income, participant figures and create fundraising reports
• Create robust evaluations for all events. Gather feedback and make recommendations for future events
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date Supporter records on the Raiser's Edge supporter database.
• Deliver effective administrative systems to support and monitor event fundraising activities. This includes mail-merging, coding of donor records, ensuring income is recorded accurately, mailing documents and thanking donors.
• Make recommendations on how the organisation manages administrative systems to create efficiencies and to meet the needs of regional fundraising
• Adhere to the organisation's Policies and Procedures at all times.
• Cover for other members of the team and division as necessary at events and meetings.
• Being proactive in reviewing and evaluating own performance and identifying and acting upon areas for improvement and development.
• Undertaking, as required, any other duties compatible with the level and nature of the post and/or reasonably required by more senior members of staff.
• Alongside Fundraising and Communications colleagues, take responsibility for ensuring staff, volunteers and supporters are aware of legal and regulatory compliance around Fundraising, Data Protection and Code of Conduct policies.
• Attend and participate in divisional and team meetings and other meetings and events as required.
• Promote St Mungo's work in an appropriate manner.
• Actively promote equality, diversity and inclusion among colleagues and clients
Although we are keeping direct experience/knowledge requirements to a minimum, we do need you to use the application form to demonstrate your capabilities, in relation to each point listed under essential requirements in the person specification. Where relevant use your answers to illustrate how your competences have helped you achieve positive results.
1. Experience of working in either an events, community or individual giving fundraising role
2. Experience of working with multiple supporters/ customers/ volunteers
3. A track record of achieving and exceeding financial targets
4. Experience of successful pitching, presenting and public-speaking
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
5. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with proven negotiating skills- the role will involve liaison with a wide range of donors, service users and staff at all levels of the organization
6. Marketing skills including knowledge of digital marketing methods. We are looking for someone with a creative and critical approach to marketing
7. Strong project management skills with ability to create and follow detailed project plans and manage a complex and varied programme of events/ campaigns/ products.
8. A self-starter, capable of working independently, as well as part of a large fundraising department
9. Confident and capable user of IT, digital project management tools, video conference platforms and Raisers Edge/ other fundraising database