The Technology Consulting Team (TCS) provides technical and strategic guidance to both internal and external clients. The Technical Account Manager role provides proactive guidance to help client organisations navigate their digital transformation journey and support for projects and day-to-day operations.
The candidate will need to have solid experience and knowledge in Microsoft 365 technologies and understanding of Microsoft Azure. You will be assigned a small number of Content + Cloud fully-managed clients, each requesting TAM support for between 4 days per week to 1 day per month. The TCS team sits within the Products & Services function at C+C, which ensures we are continually innovating and bringing new propositions to market in key areas such as Modern Workplace, Azure and Cyber Security & Compliance.
Technical coverage in the TAM role is wide-ranging. Our clients are typically growing their use of Microsoft 365 and Azure, and as a leading Microsoft-focused cloud and digital services provider, these platforms are central to our strategy - solid experience and a desire to further develop your knowledge is important. Since our role as Managed Services Provider often encompasses support for our client's physical locations and their I.T. infrastructure, familiarity with end-user compute technologies and on-premises networking design and implementation is also vital. TAM work is often fast-paced and across a large technology surface area - the successful candidate will be proficient in finding answers and acquiring knowledge from colleagues and external sources effectively.
You will work with the Service Delivery Manager and Account Manager as part of the account team. An important element of the role is to be responsible for the production and quarterly updating of a client's technical strategic roadmap. You will be expected to develop High Level Designs that follow best practice, meet the client requirements, and fit within the C+C product portfolio. Once created, you will work with colleagues within our Professional Services function to ensure that any projects that are delivered follow the HLD that you have created.
As well as your full-service clients, you will be expected to work with the more general account
management team on technical requirements that other clients may have. This will be on an as-needed basis.
Key functions of the role:
- Deliver strategic client engagements: You will work with a number of clients in high-value engagements that provide strategic impact. Where appropriate, you will play a lead role in setting the technical roadmap for the client and use your awareness of the range of our product and services capabilities to maximise our added-value whilst genuinely acting as a trusted advisor. This will include the production and maintenance of the client technology roadmap.
- Technical contact for key clients: You will be the key technology contact for the client who will use you as a conduit to wider C+C technology resources and solutions. You will be expected to field questions on varying technologies, and be able to, either provide technical answers or be able to reach into the C+C technology resources to assist the client with their question. As required you will also be expected to assist in complex support-related incidents to provide client-specific information and assistance.
- Responsible for HLD production for your clients: Where it is identified that project work is required, you will be expected to create HLD's that cover the proposed works and provide the commercial account manager with a BOM for these projects. You will also be expected to be able to present the proposed solution back to the client so the client can understand the proposed solution. You will also be expected to present the same solution design to Internal C+C project teams to ensure continuity from design to implementation
Individual Responsibilities Summarised:
- Build and sustain a deep awareness of the technical estates and strategies of your assigned clients, in order be their effective trusted advisor and optimise the technical integrity of their landscape.
- Own the production and maintenance of Technology Strategy & Roadmap documents for your clients.
- Provide assistance to other clients and commercial account managers as required to develop HLDs for technology requirements.
- Create HLDs at a level that can be used to estimate effort and provide the foundation for the LLD and onward delivery of the project.
- Create accurate BOMs for technology solutions that can be used by the commercial account managers to price solutions.
- Attend client sites as required to understand technology requirements and present strategy and/or technology solutions.
- Attend C+C offices as required for team/update meetings and collaboration with colleagues
- Work with other members of the wider Products and Services team as required to support other clients with technology requirements.
- Continually develop and expand your knowledge and capability of Microsoft and other relevant technologies
- Presentation of technical solutions to senior stakeholders within our clients, ranging from business leaders to technical roles.
- Work with support teams as a level 4 support resource as required for your assigned clients
This role would be ideal for an ambitious and experienced Technical Account Manager within the IT Managed Services sector who is seeking a new and exciting challenge within a forward leaning
technology company and is willing to participate in an exciting journey.
The successful candidate should:
- Have solid experience and understanding of Microsoft 365 technologies, including Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, and the Power Platform.
- Have a solid experience and understanding of Microsoft Azure, spanning both IaaS and PaaS elements.
- Have a good awareness of capabilities within Microsoft Security and Compliance technologies (e.g. within Microsoft 365 E5) and ideally those of competing 3rd party vendors.
- Have a good awareness of modern device management through Microsoft technologies, ideally encompassing WVD, Intune, Autopilot, and related products.
- Be comfortable working to deadlines in an occasionally pressured environment.
- Be a highly articulate, confident, and professional communicator with a client-centric focus, with the ability to construct and deliver high quality presentations in person and via remote meetings.
- Be able to continually demonstrate effective commercial judgement.
- Support growth of the TCS team and wider group by sharing knowledge and helping drive us forward
- Be an innovator, able to identify key industry trends and contribute to ensuring the overall C+C proposition remains industry leading.
Salary dependent on experience
• Full time opportunity working Monday to Friday (40 hours per week)
• Remote based role based with occasional visits to the London or Manchester offices.
• 25 days' annual leave
• Multiple HIIT, general fitness, yoga and meditation classes run virtually each week! (In addition to other wellness events and other social activities...)
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
Content + Cloud is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent regardless of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or criminal history. As part of our compliance requirements, we do undertake background checks which, dependent on levels of security required for the role or client assignment, may include a criminal record check. Please do let us know if you would like more details on the level of checks for the specific role you are applying to.
We are happy to provide any reasonable adjustments you may need to ensure you feel you have the best experience across our selection process and future employment, for any support on this please email.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/94604026