We are looking for a Literacy Mentor to provide high levels of support to KS3 students on a 1-1 basis to improve reading and literacy skills.
This position is available on a full-time contract starting immediately until the end of the academic year. Interviews will consist of a one stage process at the school.
- Literacy Mentor role
- Work with students 1-1 basis to improve reading and literacy skills
- Provide high levels of intelligent support to low level learners
- Be an English or Languages Graduate
- Literacy Mentor to support EAL students
- Full-time 35 hours per week mon-fri - Literacy Mentor
- Literacy Mentor starting immediately!
As a Literacy Mentor you should be confidently equipped with the necessary skills to be able to work with secondary school students aged 11-14 and be able to support them to be the best version of themselves.
We are looking for a fun and creative Graduate as well as a proactive problem solver, you should possess an enthusiastic team spirit and have a motivated personality. A degree in English or Modern Languages is preferrable.About the Literacy Mentor role:
- As a Literacy Mentor you will listen empathically and enthusiastically to students' personal and academic goals and combine it with their teachers' recommendations to form a tailored 'plan of action'.
- Record individual progress and provide verbal feedback to students and their teachers.
- Form and maintain a bond with students and encourage feedback from them to improve sessions in a productive manner.
If this Literacy Mentor job appeals to you then contact Ben at Ribbons & Reeves today to discuss your skills and next steps towards securing your dream role! Alternatively, successful Literacy Mentor applications will be contacted within 3-working days.