Our mission is simple... to help the world Love Mondays.
Every week, thousands of people across the UK start a new job - and it's our job to help them get there.
REED is a specialist provider of permanent, contract, temporary and outsourced recruitment solutions
We require a Senior Digital Communications Officer to cover an existing workload within Thames Valley Police, based in Kidlington.
This is an interim position for an initial 6 months with the potential to be extended workload and budget allowing.Role Purpose:
Skills required to be successful in the role:
- Manage the innovation, planning, co-ordination, development, delivery and evaluation of the day-to-day digital content for TVP across all Force digital channels, both internal and external.
- Increase and develop digital public engagement across all TVP social media and internal channels by reviewing and producing engaging content including copy, pictures and videos and analysing the impact. Attend the scenes of incidents and operations.
- Identify areas of risk in relation to social media that are likely to have an impact on public confidence or generate significant social media interest and take appropriate action. Ensure preparedness within the team for a Major Incidence for content creation and use of digital channels.
- Take the lead on day-to-day delivery and co-ordination of social media across all force accounts by providing advice to senior officers and staff and co-ordinating the social media output within Corporate Communications.
- Lead on support and guidance on the force Digital systems, including creating and managing an administration database of authorised users to include details of password changes and user agreements. Also, provide training, coaching and advice to internal users to upskill as necessary, sharing best practice, and ensuring the most effective use of our Social Media Platform with regular evaluation and comparison with other providers to ensure legislative compliance, innovation and value for money.
- Horizon scan and contribute to planning of engaging social media content capitalising on opportunities, mitigating risks and co-ordinating content within the force.
- Seek out, evaluate and introduce innovative new ways of engaging with the public through digital including channel development.
- A digital media expert with a nationally recognised qualification in digital/social media. Experience of working in a large organisation with a significant external digital media profile whilst producing professional compelling video, pictures and written content.
- Experience of photo and video editing / infographics to high standards. Ability to learn / understand new digital tools and techniques quickly.
- Proven ability to plan, prioritise, implement and monitor digital campaigns and communication strategies with strong organisational, administrative and project management skills to deliver successful outcomes.
- Excellent IT skills and a thorough understanding of the use of digital channels for communication. Experience in the use and understanding of web technologies and a web content management system.
- A knowledge and understanding of media law.
This role offers a competitive salary of £17.81 per hour PAYE (Umbrella rate available)
and you'll be working via REED
who offer great benefits such as discounts, cashback offers and more as well as weekly pay.Any offers would be subject to Thames Valley Police vetting right to work checks.