We are recruiting on behalf of successful manufacturing business who are looking for an ambitious Assistant Accountant.
You will have significant responsibility with this role that will grow and develop with you and your capabilities. You will be responsible for monthly journal postings - prepayments, general accruals, foreign currency and other Ad hoc journals. Your tenacious attitude and positive approach will see endeavour to add value to the finance function.
As an Assistant Accountant you will work closely with the Financial Controller with the preparation of monthly accounting entries, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and HMRC reporting. The Financial Controller will guide you with your progression but trust you to work autonomously with your responsibilities.
Ideally, you will:
- Be AAT qualified. Our client will also be impressed by those who are qualified by experience or have continued with their qualifications via ACCA/ CIMA/ ACA
- Have experience within a similar role in a manufacturing environment. In particular a role that has covered VAT, EC Sales & Intra-stat monthly reconciliations and reporting
- Possess strong IT skills. A confidence using Excel (Summifs, V Look ups) is particularly important for this position
- Be highly organised individual - the pace of this business requires employees to perform against strict deadlines
In return, you will:
- Enjoy a varied and versatile role that will grow and develop with you as you find your feet within the business
- Work within a high achieving team that will guide, inspire and motivate you to work to the best of your ability
- Have access to a competitive study support package and receive outstanding support as you progress with your qualifications
- Join a successful business during a truly exciting period of growth enjoying future prospects as a result
If you are a talented Assistant Accountant who is looking for a new challenge we would love to hear from you