We are working with a small Freight Forwarder, who have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Manager. The role is to start ASAP
The Finance Manager is the sole accounts person for the organisation, Good in-depth knowledge of Sage 50 and other Sage packages is essential, also ideally experience of working for a freight forwarder.
Covers all the accounts processes, including sales ledger, purchase ledger, credit control, responding to queries and raising credit notes where appropriate for two separate companies.
Also the individual will be responsible for several accounting functions, including invoicing and updating prices and costs in the system.
Daily responsibilities include:
· Prepare every Monday morning a list of clients that are at risk and update Directors.
· Deal with supplier and expense payments, BACS and cheques.
· Credit Control. Updating Directors of any issues with late payments.
· Purchase invoice checking against contracts.
· Supplier statement reconciliation
· Raising and posting of sales invoices
· Sales Ledger/Credit Control, working alongside the companies Bank and factoring facility.
· Debtors plus reconciliation between SAGE.
· Queries and credit notes/additional invoices, Raise credits on system.
· Setting up new accounts, setting credit limits and ensuring that customers trade within these.
· Cash allocation/ bank reconciliations including commercial banking
· Purchase Ledger payments runs
· Processing of credit card payments and employee expenses
· Liaising with company accountant on a quarterly basis, producing VAT returns& posting to HMRC online.
· Some aspects of payroll
· Manage courier exchange Portal/Payments.
On average the role is split 30% Sales Ledger, 30% purchase ledger and 20% Credit Control, the rest split on other accounts functions.
We are looking for an individual with the above experience, good organisation skills, and experience of working to deadlines.
Monday to Friday 9am-5.30pm
* We are only able to accept applications from candidates with previous experience for the role.
* If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful.