A vital position
has become available for an experienced Media Officer
to join Bolton Council
. This role is available immediately on an initial 3-month temporary contract.What is the role?
Bolton Council are now looking to appoint an experienced Media Officer to support and advocate the Bolton branch while encouraging an integrated approach to communications and marketing across the Council.How will you do this?
- Respond to media enquiries, write, and prepare press releases, briefings, and briefing notes.
- Support communications planning and assist communications during emergency incidents.
- Advise councillors and officers on publicity issues and dealing with the media, including identifying opportunities for positive and proactive media coverage.
- Organise press interviews and conferences.
Get me signed up!
- Support with copy for designed work as well as communications for websites, social media, publications, and email.
To register your interest please, and received a full job description, please apply below!