Who we are looking for
Our fast paced and dynamic environment requires an innovative and committed leadership team to continue to drive delivery of new features, functionality and maintenance work pieces.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to build a career in technical management with large scale systems and great opportunities. A background in software development is essential but this role is very much hands off and focuses more on your organisational, problem solving and people skills. You will make this role your own to meet the needs of the business whilst also promoting a positive and fulfilling environment for the development team.Preferred skills and experience
- Forward thinking with the ability to challenge the norm.
- Ability to work proactively in a reactive environment.
- Passion for software development and creating efficient processes and best practises.
- Self-motivation with a strong drive to succeed.
- Capable of handling large workloads with rapid context switching.
- Strong appreciation of the importance of knowledge sharing and mentoring.
- Knowledge of Microsoft development technologies; .Net, MS SQL etc.
- Version control and code repositories.
- Micro service and distributed system architectures.
- Ensuring timely provision of agreed deliverables throughout the SDLC by understanding both business and technical requirements.
- Scheduling and planning development resource according to business needs.
- Tracking and reporting of progress.
- Mitigating risk and resolving blockers throughout the work.
- Collaborating with other teams within the business as required.
- Understanding and enforcing governance of best practises.
- Recognising team members' strengths and mentoring them to encourage and support continuous improvement.
- Chairing team meetings, team one to one sessions and feeding in to team appraisals.
- Assisting in the administration responsibilities of the team as reasonably directed by your line manager.
This role is eligible for inclusion in the Company's hybrid working from home policy