Legal Secretary / Assistant - Residential Conveyancing
Salary: Up to £30,000
My client, a leading law firm, are currently looking to recruit a Legal Secretary / Assistant to join their Residential Conveyancing department based in the Dorking office.MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
The successful candidate will be required to provide direct support to the Fee Earner to enable them to operate effectively and professionally. This will include but will not be limited to the main responsibilities listed below. The candidate will be expected to use a high degree of self-motivation and initiative.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- To prepare correspondence and documents through audio typing and script
- Opening and closing files in accordance with the requirements of Lexcel
- To prepare post and enclosures for despatch.
- Accurate, efficient diary management.
- Co-ordination/planning of appointments.
- To provide support to other departmental assistants/legal secretaries as required.
- To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm's standards for client care.
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm's and client's documentation and information.
- Perform any other duties the Partners require.
To be considered for this role you will need to have Residential Conveyancing experience working at a Legal Secretary, Legal Assistant on similar. You will also need to be IT literate with fast and accurate typing skills as well as good organisation and communication skills.