The AA is truly a great British brand. Established in 1905 by 4 driving enthusiasts, it remains one of the most well-known and trusted brands in the UK with over 12m breakdown members. With more patrols and a higher quality service than any competitor (Which? recommended best breakdown cover) the AA is the undisputed leader in the sector. With that strong foundation, the AA is now focussed on a future vision to support all of the UK's 17m drivers and make their driving lives simple and smart with data, digital and innovation at the heart of the transformation strategy. No one is better placed to deliver on this vision than the AA.
Location: Basingstoke (flexible working available)
Contract: Full Time/12month FTC
Salary: Competitive Package This is the job
The AA are looking for a skilled Programme Manager to support an exciting transformation programme which will see the Insurance business moving from a legacy administration system to a market leading platform. The Aurora Programme is currently completing the RFP stage with final supplier selection imminent. Once selected the programme will move into Discovery and plans to have phase 1 functionality live this year with future phases following next year.
The programme is all encompassing for the Insurance Broker business, will change the policy administration platform used for all Insurance policies sold by the AA, will impact all elements of the customer journey and all sales and processing channels as well as having impacts on financial, manual and communication channels.
This role will lead the programme overseeing all elements of this transformation, internal and external stakeholder communication and the leadership of a c.70 person strong team. What will I be doing?
What do I need?
- Work with senior AA leadership to ensure alignment of business priorities with programme delivery plan
- A critical stakeholder in the engagement with 3rd party suppliers, ensuring co-ordination of delivery and focus.
- In collaboration with the technology provider and workstream leads, lead the design, planning and management of the delivery process and ensure constant alignment across all workstreams
- Programme leadership challenging delivery assumptions and holding workstream leads within IT and the Business to their delivery and quality targets working with appropriate teams to work through challenges.
- Management of the delivery workstreams which include
- Data Migration
- Business Change
- Point of escalation and action for delivery workstreams
- Work with the business to set up a long-term PaS management and change delivery function.
- Responsible for RAIDS, change control and Financials at programme level
- Work alongside Business Owners to manage and regularly review Programme Business Case.
- Work with business stakeholders and change readiness managers to assess the potential risks and challenges to business processes and ensure that the data migration process is designed and implemented to avoid impact to business operations and customer experience
- Lead the programme through AA change delivery governance
- Engage with internal delivery partners with Workstream leads to ensure resource is available for the programme as needed
- Manage programme resourcing, making recommendations for team structure and size. Be involved in any subsequent recruitment process.
- Create and deliver Programme, Portfolio and Board level reporting
- Be a critical friend to business SMEs and offer insight and suggestions based on experience as to how the programme may best deliver and the wider opportunities or challenges which may exist
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven ability to lead large scale transformation programmes working with migration from legacy platforms to a new 3rd Party PaS provider
- Experience working in the Insurance sector
- Proven ability to work with technical experts and third parties in order to build costed technical roadmaps across IT infrastructure, that set out how the delivery phases will be accomplished, and benefits realised
- Competent in the role of task leader/coach with proven skills in team building
- Record of delivering workstreams to budget and timescale
- Good understanding in all stages of the system lifecycle and proficient in a number of Project Management methods and disciplines
- Experience in reporting to Board level stakeholders
- Self-starter with a drive to succeed focusing on delivering business benefit
- Excellent understanding of change control, configuration processes, as well as risk management techniques
- Demonstrated ability to maximise the identified project/programme benefits in large multi-faceted corporate environments.
- Good communication skills, written, verbal and listening, across all business levels
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- A good negotiator, influencer and networker
- Able to make decisions where appropriate
- Quick and flexible learner with an aptitude for new processes, technologies and procedures
- Expert problem solver
- Analytical approach to tasks, research and projects
- Creative thinker
- Commercially astute
- Understands customer expectations & creates value for the customer
- Gains the commitment of others
- Builds and maintains relationships
- Open, honest and reliable. Engenders trust.
- Re-enforces continuous improvement
- Supports the development of new ideas/approaches