Assessment and Admissions Manager
An inspiring opportunity to take your career to the next level and help shape the lives of our most vulnerable young people.Salary:
£35,000 to £37,000 per annumLocation:
Central Services, SW19 3TZ; with regular travel to pupils' homes and schools.Contract:
One year fixed-term, full time.The Complete Education Solution (TCES)
TCES is an independent provider of specialist education based in London supporting exceptional neurodiverse children and young people aged 7 to 19 who have special educational needs and disabilities typically associated with autism, social emotional and mental health needs and associated disorders. Most of them will have experienced multiple placement breakdowns and significant trauma, often resulting in behaviour that challenges.
On average pupils will have been excluded from other provisions up to three times before reaching us and had significant periods out of education. TCES pupils learn at one of our four schools or within our Home Learning service; Create Learning and Create Learning Primary support our most complex and vulnerable pupils, with TCES East London and TCES North West London supporting those who are able to access learning within a school environment. When they are ready, we aim for pupils to step down from Create into one of our main schools.The Role - Assessment and Admissions Manager
We are seeking an individual with experience in assessment and the processing of special educational needs referrals from Local Authorities. You will assess and determine the provision required to meet the needs of neurodiverse young people. You will be an important part of the Referrals team, providing the required information to formulate formal offers for Local Authorities.Essential requirements to be successful in the role are:
In return we offer:
- Degree qualification or equivalent through DipSW, NASENCo or relevant experience.
- Experience of conducting comprehensive assessments of children and/or young people, with knowledge of a range of assessment tools.
- Experience of working within SEND services, multi-disciplinary and inter agency working, with an understanding of SEND and neurodiversity within educational settings.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to develop strong working relationships.
Closing date 21 September 2021To apply:
- Competitive salary and terms and conditions, including 25 days annual leave.
- An opportunity to make a real difference and join a leading provider of specialist education, directly contributing towards positive outcomes for pupils with SEMH and ASC.
- Excellent CPD opportunities with all staff provided an individual Learning & Development Plan to support career development, including education qualifications at all levels (QTS / QTLS / NPQs) and options to take progressive Ofqual registered Level 3 - 5 qualifications in Therapeutic Education.
- Comprehensive induction process, including all pupil-facing staff supported in receiving the Level 3 Award in Therapeutic Education and Group Process.
- Regular half termly staff wellbeing days.
- A range of employee support and wellbeing benefits including our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), counselling and contributions towards medical costs and an exclusive rewards platform.
Please download the application pack and application form by visiting our website via the button below.
Please complete the application form and equal opportunities form and return via email.
TCES is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects all staff to share this commitment. The appointment is subject to all relevant checks such as references, medical clearance and a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.