Who we are
Slaughter and May is a leading international law firm, advising on high-profile and groundbreaking transactions around the globe. The firm provides clients with a professional service of the highest calibre, combining our technical excellence with an unparalleled commercial awareness and a practical, constructive approach to legal issues.
We are offering you the opportunity to be part of the team that supports our lawyers in providing outstanding legal advice to some of the world's leading businesses.
At Slaughter and May, we have an underlying sense of pride in who we are and what we do. Our inclusive spirit will ensure your contribution is valued and you will enjoy an open, friendly and supportive culture. As a market leader, we will provide you with excellent benefits, facilities and training opportunities to support you in your career.
*Would you like to join one of the world's most prestigious law firms?*
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional, engaging individual to join us as a Project Manager, in our leading London-based Technology Team.
*ROLE OVERVIEW *
We are recruiting for an experienced Project Manager to join the Technology Department on a 1 year fixed term contract. The Project Manager will report into the Head of Change Management. The individual will be responsible for the full lifecycle of software delivery related projects, from inception, client engagement stage through to implementation across the firm's offices.
*KEY RESPONSIBILITIES *
The key responsibilities of this role are set out below and there may be others which are not listed. You may be required on occasion to work outside our normal working hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm.
PLANNING - Produce for each project a clearly defined plan, including critical path, dependencies, piloting and key milestones, ensure internal/external project teams take ownership for their responsibilities. Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
COMMUNICATION - Identify and communicate project status to key stakeholders and key project resources. Ensure meetings and decisions are recorded and communicated to the Project team
• REPORTING - Produce high level report for projects, show and articulate status on a regular basis
• RESOURCE - Detailed resource forecasting and active management. Flawless execution of projects is critical and resource management is a key focus area
• RISK - Create and maintain a register and action list of tasks to deal with issues
• GOVERNANCE and CONTROL - Setup, own and drive project governance structures, communication and controls. Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate techniques aligned to methodology
• CONTRACTS - Ensure confidentiality and contracts are reviewed at the earliest opportunity to avoid any impact on projects
• SECURITY - Ensure security is reviewed at the optimum time to avoid any project impact, where appropriate plan alternative solution. Carry out Privacy Impact Assessments
• SUPPORT - Ensure relevant support teams are engaged and equipped with the necessary information and skills to support project initiatives to meet the project timeline
• PILOT - Plan the engagement of Pilot users, monitor and record feedback
• ROLL OUT - Work with the Change Manager to plan the wider roll out of project. Plan the engagement of Pilot users, monitor and record feedback.
• BUDGET - Tracking project expenditure against budget
*CANDIDATE PROFILE *
Candidates for this position must have the following skills:
* Prince 2 Practitioner/Agile or PMP qualified
* Thorough knowledge of Intapp Open. (Advantage to have additional IntApp product knowledge - Conflicts and Terms)
* Implementing various legal systems and vendor based applications
* Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills
* Good multi tasker
* Logical thinking and creative problem-solving ability
* Good attention to detail
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills
* Understanding of budget control
* Proven ability to work well with others and lead a team
* Good IT skills in particular legal software, including the following:
* Microsoft Office
* Document Management
* Practice / portfolio Management
* Displays the highest standard of professional ethics