Our major UK banking client require our support for a Programme Manager to join them on a permanent basis. In this leading role you will join the biggest and most profitable platform within the bank! We're looking for someone with real influence and good organisational skills to lead us to agreed targets.
This is an opportunity to take on a critical Programme Manager role and bring tangible change to our organisation You'll be accountable for the definition and leadership of strategic change programmes. It's a chance to work on your existing programme management skills and advance your career.What you'll do
We'll look to you to take accountability for the programme and project lifecycles to deliver sustainable business and customer outcomes, while ensuring all governance, risk, finances and resources are managed effectively.
You'll define the programme in partnership with stakeholders, defining appropriate objectives, structure and scope, and leading the articulation of the financial business case for the programme. You'll also identify and manage the governance and controls, while making sure that all programme deliverables adhere to the agreed governance and risk frameworks.
The skills you'll need
- Work with the delivery teams to make sure appropriate resources are assigned to deliver the programme
- Build, manage and maintain a positive working relationship with senior stakeholders across multiple franchises and functions, influencing decision making in line with business objectives
- Be accountable for programme level risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies
- Understand the impact other programmes may have and manage the dependencies
- Empower and lead teams through the project lifecycle, matrix managing a virtual team or directly managing your own team if needed
- Coach individual project managers and act as a point of escalation for project managers
To join us in this role, you'll need an appropriate programme management qualification.You'll also need:
- Substantial leadership experience in building a customer data platform or 'single customer view'
- Experience of delivering programmes using microservices and APIs
- Familiarity with data and analytics technologies (inc graph tech, streaming tech) in terms of how they may be applied to serve customers well
- Must be able to demonstrate strong, robust stakeholder management; executive level communication skills; and practice with building business cases
- Strong experience of leading diverse teams in multiple geographies to deliver data transformation
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/94570876