THE ROLE: LEGAL SECRETARYDEPT: PRIVATE CLIENT DEPTLOCATION: HARPENDEN REF: L4L873The Firm
Our well-established and proactive client law firm based in Harpenden is currently seeking a Legal Secretary within their Private Client, Wills Trusts and Probate Dept. This will be a busy role supporting and assisting a team of Private Client Solicitors. The successfully candidate will be highly organised, with the ability to multi-task and to prioritise duties and remain calm under pressure.Candidate Duties:
Skills & Attributes:
- Opening/closing/storage and retrieval of files in accordance with procedures
- Audio typing/copy typing/digital audio dictation
- Preparation of all documentation, ensuring it is accurate and set out in accordance with the firm's standards
- Handling client queries, liaising with third parties and making file notes
- Diary management
- Make full use of the firm's Case Management System DPS
- Management of Wills and Deeds database
- Preparation of files in readiness for archiving
- Undertake administrative duties, such as photocopying and scanning
- Scanning incoming post and dealing with matters arising
- Maintain a tidy, organised workspace
- Working as part of a team, assisting with reception cover as needed.
- Experience working in a Private client department is required for this role
- Understand the importance of providing high standards of client care and adopts this approach when handling a client's affairs and takes an interest in building and maintaining client relationships
- Excellent communication skills; provides a professional service whilst being compassionate when dealing with sensitive issues
- Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fast typing speed with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Professional appearance
- Good knowledge of Outlook, Word, or equivalent with experience using Case Management systems
- Flexible and adaptable
- Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
- Able to remain calm under pressure when dealing with a busy workload
- Able to use initiative and take a proactive approach
- Attentive with a positive attitude
- Reliable and dependable
The firm offer a range of benefits including pension, childcare vouchers, life assurance, additional day's holiday for your Birthday, free conveyancing for your own sale and purchase plus a free Will.
Salary: 24-26,000pa dep on exp
Holidays: 28 to include bank holidays plus holiday days increase by an extra day after 2 years' service and continues to increase each year thereafter until a max of 33 days.
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: Mon - Friday 9-5.15pm
*Legals 4 Lawyers will try and respond within 72 hours but are facing high levels of applications. Should you not hear from us within that time then unfortunately your application will not have been successful. Good luck.
*Please also check in your spam file in case our email has ended up there.