Do you want to work for a global company where promoting gender equality is central to our vision of creating a truly diverse and inclusive business? Where everyone matters, and everyone belongs. More about us https://www.eaton.comOperations Team Leader - Tool Room
To lead, coach and mentor the Toolroom team to deliver an efficient service; primarily focusing on new tooling process for new product developments and coordination of end of life tool replacements.Your key deliverables:
What we are looking for:
- Focus on developing knowledge and cross functional skills of the team through coaching and mentoring to cover mould tools, press tools (inc. in die rivet insertion), machining, EDM and bench fitting.
- Collaborate with Supervisors to plan and prioritize daily work schedules.
- Develop and implement tooling TPM program to drive down 'Waiting Toolroom time' for mould and press shop.
- Support Engineering team to develop new products providing expert knowledge on tooling design identifying potential processing/manufacturing issues with design concepts.
- Drive Press Shop strategy to move from riveted to welded contacts and the associated tooling and machinery required.
- Utilise CAD/Inventor skills to draw up tooling modifications when tools are broken and require major repairs.
- Lead internal replacement tooling program adhering to all internal CAPEX processes.
What we offer:
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Toolmaking/Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in a manufacturing supervisory role
- Specialised knowledge of Mould and Press tools and process
- Design knowledge of mould,/ press tools, jigs and fixtures
- Comprehensive knowledge of CAD, 3D CAD, spark eroding, wire eroding, CNC milling and all toolroom operations
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes.
- Leadership including coaching and change management
- Analytical thinking
- Interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to coordinate
- Organizational skills, ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Understanding of Microsoft Office packages
- Strong ability to plan and execute own work initiatives
Excellent working environment - safety and ethic are really important for us
Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term - not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
At Eaton, promoting gender equality is central to our vision of creating a truly diverse and inclusive business where everyone matters, and everyone belongs.
Challenging projects in dynamic environmentAbout Eaton:
Eaton's mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power - more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably. Eaton's 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 92,000 employees. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
Candidate applying to the vacancy may be subject of the background screening.Job
Manufacturing & OperationsRegion
Europe, Middle East, AfricaPrimary Location
United Kingdom-NOT-WorksopWork Locations
Worksop Gb LocOrganization
Full-timeIs remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?
NoDoes this position offer relocation?
Yes, 10 % of the TimeJibe YouTube ID
Requisition ID :103241