Hours: 6 hours per week
Salary: £8.91 per hour
Age UK's retail shops are hugely important in raising essential funds to enable us to support older people across the UK.
We are looking for a Sunday Sales Assistant to provide a quality retail service, taking responsibility for running our busy shop on Sundays. This varied role will include, managing stock, displaying goods in an attractive way, maintaining the appearance of the shop and maximising sales and promoting Gift Aid to our valued customers.
* Excellent customer service skills
* Literate and numerate
* An effective team player
* Administration and data inputting
* Ability to lift and carry heavy bags of stock
* A basic knowledge of Health & Safety and Fire regulations
* Previous experience of working or managing a retail shop would be an advantage
* A clean driving licence and a flexible approach to your job are essential
What we offer in return:
* 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (pro-rata)
* A great pension - We will contribute up to 6%
* Healthcare cashback scheme - money back for routine dental & eye check-ups
* Great shopping discounts and rewards (perfect for pay day!)
* A welcoming, supportive workplace where we recognise a job well done
* With over 250 stores you will be part of a team making a real difference to older people's lives
To comply with UK legislation we cannot accept applications from candidates under the age of 18 as the successful candidate will be required to work on their own in the shop without the aid of other staff.
Is this the job for you? We know that men, of all backgrounds, and men and women from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds are currently under-represented in our workforce, and we want to change this! So we are particularly keen to hear from applicants from these groups.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.