JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world's largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000 employees operating in 24 countries globally. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, JELD-WEN designs, produces and distributes an extensive range of interior and exterior doors, wood, vinyl and aluminium windows and related products for use in the new construction and repair and remodelling of residential homes and non-residential buildings.
Our products and services afford us the opportunity to enter peoples' workplaces, homes and daily lives. With this privilege comes great responsibility to ensure that the products we deliver are reliable and enrich the places and lives that they touch. We bring beauty and security to the spaces that touch our lives.
We act with integrity, invest in people, inspire through innovation, deliver on our promises and improve every day. We are seeking talented individuals who share this purpose and values and want to excel in their field of expertise. We offer excellent benefits, a collaborative environment in which to apply your talent and a dynamic and growing company, with exceptional career progression opportunities.About The Opportunity
We are currently recruiting for a Value Stream Leader to be based at Melton Frames and reporting to the Logistics Manager.
The key objective of this role is to keep the Value Stream employees safe. Set the standards for production / operational activities. Dictate behaviours in-line with the Jeld-Wen standard of acceptance and in accordance with Jeld-Wen values and expectations. Key task and responsibilities include
Experience And Background Requirements
- Safety management and improvement. Pro-active SIO approach.
- Ensure hourly boards are managed to a 'first class standard'.
- Maintain connection between hourly boards and the Value Stream SQDCIP Gemba board.
- Continuous improvement of production processes impacting quality and productivity.
- Be responsible for the VS product quality standards and the continuous improvement of these standards through system compliance and demonstrable 3c prioritisation and achievement.
- Maintain VS skills matrix and impact flexibility and contributions.
- Contribute to the 5s programme - maintain the 5s standards and enforce high standards of compliance.
- Reporting of near misses and HSE incidents
- Ensuring that quality objectives are maintained through inbound inspection of receipted goods.
- Liaising with transport companies, suppliers, and clients where applicable
- Driving factory OTIF performance through timely delivery of internal and external SKU requirements
- Management of cost control and continuous improvement tools such as SQDCIP, Kaizen and 5S
- Leading a team of direct staff to meet departmental targets at budgeted costs.
- Daily maintenance and reporting of stock control systems.
- Inventory compliance audits
- Management of inventory levels and storage capacities
- Planning training requirements for the department, delivering briefings, appraisals and disciplinaries.
- Offer leadership resourse, provide knowledge, experience, motivation, and advice to team members.
The successful candidate must have a 'SAFETY FIRST' culture with a zero tolerance and continuous safety improvement mentality as well as;
- Must have previous manufacturing experience.
- Experience within a disciplined and system-controlled environment.
- Experience of working with a SQDCIP (or equivalent) production management system.
- Experience of working within a medium to large size OEM company environment.
- Previous timber product manufacturing experience preferred but not essential.
- Experience of organising and leading others in a logistics or warehousing based role.
- Positive and pro-active approach to leadership with the ability to give direction to Team Members.
- Competent IT skills are required for this role as well as some form of FLT / MHE licence desirable.
JELD-WEN is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by JELD-WEN, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services