JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world's largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000 employees operating in 24 countries globally. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, JELD-WEN designs, produces and distributes an extensive range of interior and exterior doors, wood, vinyl and aluminium windows and related products for use in the new construction and repair and remodelling of residential homes and non-residential buildings.
Our products and services afford us the opportunity to enter peoples' workplaces, homes and daily lives. With this privilege comes great responsibility to ensure that the products we deliver are reliable and enrich the places and lives that they touch. We bring beauty and security to the spaces that touch our lives.
We act with integrity, invest in people, inspire through innovation, deliver on our promises and improve every day. We are seeking talented individuals who share this purpose and values and want to excel in their field of expertise. We offer excellent benefits, a collaborative environment in which to apply your talent and a dynamic and growing company, with exceptional career progression opportunities.Role Summary And Purpose
Ensure the safety of yourself and others around you.
You will set the standards for Engineering, and operational activities. Role model behaviours in line with the JELD-WEN standard of acceptance and in accordance with JELD-WEN values and expectations.
You will lead a multi-disciplined, small team of engineers ensuring that planned and reactive work is completed in line with the site priorities.
You will assist in the development of the departments Risk Assessment's, Safe Systems of Work and Planned Maintenance Routines, along with all thing's continuous improvement.
You will ensure that the sites CMMS is utilised fully by your team.
You will drive Engineering activities towards world-class performance; make continuous improvement standard practice. Educate, develop and inspire team members towards betterment and achievement.
You will provide support to the site teams to ensure compliance with company legislative requirements.Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Experience And Background Requirements
- You will contribute to safety audits and SIO generation (Safety Improvement Opportunities), creating a culture of 'safety first.'
- Ensure full compliance of Health and Safety procedures including SOP adherence, PPE and Workwear and incident investigations.
- You will report any safety issues promptly, reinforce policies to others where needed and reminding them of their right to stop work and the Jeld Wen lifesaving rules.
- Receive and issue permits to work and ensure that engineering work is carried out to Health & Safety, Environment and Engineering standards.
- Ensure that Maintenance systems are fully utilised to optimise performance.
- Support with the training and coaching of apprentices.
- Implementation of Risk Assessments and support of HAZARD assessments.
- Sustain good housekeeping standards and ensure compliance to production schedules
- Actively participate in capturing and closing out 3C SQDCIP actions.
- Assist with shift handover and on occasion support/cover the Engineering Manager in their absence
- Work collaboratively within and across teams
- Be available for training and development opportunities
- Shifts operate on a 3-shift rotation pattern of Mornings (6am-2pm), Afternoons (2pm-10pm) and Nights (10pm-6am)
- NVQ or equivalent in both a mechanical and electrical engineering or similar discipline.
- Previous experience of supervising a team
- Previous experience of a 'SAFETY FIRST' culture
- Previous experience of a 'Quality culture of 'RIGHT FIRST TIME'
- Previous experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience of supervising a team
- Previous experience of using a CMMS
- Previous experience of working flexibly, conducting basic problem solving and training others
- Good computer skills required and experience of basic business software
JELD-WEN is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by JELD-WEN, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services