Turner Property Recruitment are delighted to announce their exclusive partnership with a thriving SME who due to continued investment and growth are looking for a Head of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Services to join their team, who can be based anywhere in the UK. Remuneration for this role will be dependent upon experience, however they will look to offer a market leading package.
Purpose of the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to take leadership of the SME's building services team to deliver M&E projects successfully for a variety of private and public sector clients nationwide. To offer support for the SME's estimating team to help give a technical support to the sales team and to work with clients to help understand and deliver their requirements. The SME's M&E team works with estates and facilities teams from all sectors including public sector, industrial, commercial and retail. They conduct M&E asset condition surveys, building services surveys for the production of CAD as-fitted updates and schematics. They also work with their clients to provide budget forecasts for maintenance and full life cycle costs along with asset and systems condition and other client specific requirements. They are also looking to develop a combined Fabric and M&E survey offer to deliver lifecycle, latent defect and PFI hand back surveys. They work in line with CIBSE, SFG20, RICS and BIM requirements to assist teams to ensure that estates and FM teams keep their buildings information to the required standard in their CAFM and standardised drawings.
The ideal candidate for this position needs to have a commercial acumen, a proven track record of
managing teams and working with clients to successfully deliver projects.
• Work with clients and SME's estimating team to ensure their requirements are understood
and clearly specified in proposals
• Initiate and managing multiple projects and project teams nationwide
• Conduct M&E asset surveys using tablet technology.
• Populate asset management systems via tablet technology with data relating to the
condition of the stock and surrounding areas along with other legislative requirements.
• Provide consultancy support to clients for asset-based PPM related projects, working
collaboratively with clients in developing a robust PPM regime, including using SFG for
creating service models, asset profiles and editing PPM task instructions along with creating
upload templates for importing into the client's CAFM system.
• Prepare reports detailing lifecycle, cyclical maintenance requirements, defects and repairs.
• Survey M&E assets such as HVAC, electrical, heating and plumbing systems and specialist
installations such as medical gas on an asset by asset as well as system by system basis
(including equipment, systems and plant identifying defects, repairs and lifecycle).
• Presenting the data to allow SME's CAD team to produce as fitted drawings and schematics.
• Support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances.
• Take personal responsibility for ensuring the M&E team complies with Environmental,
Health, Safety, Security & Quality Standards.
• To actively strive to achieve the SME objective of 'simply exceeding expectations' at all times.
• Work with all colleagues within the SME to ensure that all commission outputs are delivered to
the client on time and to the required quality and that the client expectations are managed
throughout the commission lifecycle.
• Maintain excellent, professional, and beneficial working relationships with colleagues and
with clients, to maximise the opportunity for continued repeat business from those client
• To attend and input to client meetings and workshops in order to support the delivery of their
consultancy output requirements
• Keep clients updated on progress throughout the project life and expectations are
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
• Strong analytical and data management skills
• Good understanding of process creation and management
• Demonstrable Project Management skills
• A logical but creative approach to problem solving and innovation
• Good competency with standard AutoCAD, Microsoft Office suite of software products,
especially Excel, as well as Word, Outlook, MS Project and PowerPoint
• Commercial awareness and understanding.
• A flexible and adaptable approach to the projects.
• Ability to prioritise multiple tasks across projects and clients in order to manage workload to
meet client expectations.
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently as required.
Qualification and Experience Requirements / Preferences
• Preferably Degree qualified in building services
• HNC & HND in Building services
• 18th Edition IEE
• Strong understanding of CAFM including design, implementation, management, and
• An understanding of audit process and outputs.
• An understanding of soft and hard FM
• Commercial experience and understanding of FM contracts, specifications, performance
monitoring and payment mechanisms would be advantageous.
• Possess a thorough awareness of the latest CAFM functionality and technology options
available in the marketplace.
• The use of technology to capture data on site and report finding to clients
Full Job description available for perusal if this role is of any interest - please apply today to find out more!