One of the world's largest and most innovative sustainable technology manufacturers has an urgent requirement for an Interim Metals Accountant.
This is a 6-month interim contract offering £55 p/h umbrella rate for a candidate to be based in Hertfordshire. Some home working available.
The role reports to the Accounting Services Manager and leads the metal transactional processing finance team in plant and is ultimately responsible for an accurate and compliant metal trial balance at the plant and associated financial balances.
Works closely with the Plant Financial Accountant and Internal Compliance & Controls Lead to ensure the appropriate control environment is operational on site and the Plant Insights & Decision Support Team to ensure accurate monthly reporting is submitted to Group.
- Responsible for preparing monthly Metal Trial Balance and ensuring all metal transactions are properly and accurately accounted for including preparation of journals on a regular basis.This includes all steps in the coverage process.
- Ensure all metal balances are properly reconciled including hedged metal, customer metal, committed metal and PMM balances and understand metal variances.
- Liaise with other Clean Air business unit counterparts on metal requirement, especially in relation to toll and customer's customer/committed metal when managed jointly.
- To work closely with Commercial & Supply Chain and Group PMM teams to identify metal requirements and to borrow or hedge metal as necessary.
- To protect the company from metal losses by ensuring all metals are properly hedged.
- Work closely with Plant Management Accountants to support preparation of monthly metal reports such as metal MOR and ensure PGM Summary accurately reflects the metal position.
- Managing working capital in relation to precious metal inventory and support plant Management Accountants with working capital forecast inputs.
- University degree qualification
- Professional accounting qualification, e.g. ACA, CIMA or equivalent
- Accounting Standards Ability to apply knowledge of applicable Accounting Standards and Cost
- Significant experience embedding compliance to accounting policies and controls in a global organisation
- Significant and substantial experience within Finance function preferably in the manufacturing environment
- Experience of chemicals, metals, or automotive industry
- Ability to work collaboratively and provide appropriate challenge and insight, often under time pressure
- Good working knowledge and/ or experience of dealing with metal within JM
- Microsoft Office and knowledge of SAP
This is an urgent requirement so if it is of interest please apply immediately and contact Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.