Global Defence Company - Supply Chain Manager - £45-65K - South West England
Leading global technology defence company is on the lookout for experienced Supply Chain Managers to join their best-in-class procurement function. If you are a Supply Chain Manager looking for your next challenge in an exciting and innovative environment, the this is a great opportunity for you.
With offices across the globe including: Canada, Middle East and United States of America you will gain incredible exposure to new depths of global procurement and the ability to travel and explore gaining fresh knowledge from procurement colleagues internationally.
As a Supply Chain Manager you will develop key strategies and negotiate favourable terms with suppliers, preparing process requisitions and purchase orders for the procurement of technical equipment.
Key Responsibilities of a Supply Chain Manager:
- Collaborate with the Procurement Team to assist in identifying key opportunities to utilize extant supplier relationships and frameworks that leverage group scale. You will need to identify where there is a necessity to produce repetitive, long-term contracting mechanisms.
- Be aware of the company policies and governance agreed in the procurement code of practice, understanding awareness of restrictions, controls and accreditations placed upon suppliers working in aerospace & defense, making sure there is no external threat to internal compliance.
Background of Supply Chain Manager:
- Have experience within defense & Aerospace procurement, have a good level of knowledge on the market and the end-to-end procurement processes
- Be well versed in the supply chain, maintaining relationships with key suppliers, and understanding the necessity of regulations
- Proven contract drafting and negotiation skills
- Degree - preferable (Not essential)
- MCIPS - Preferable (Not essential)
If you are looking for a career defining move then send your CV to Sophie at email@example.com
Key Words: Procurement, Purchasing, Stakeholder management, strategic sourcing, Bids & Programs, Bids, Programmes, Programs, FTSE, London, Degree, CIPS, Progression, Development, Management, Teamwork, Technology, C-Suite, Professional Services, Category Ownership, Procurement, HR, Professional Services, Procurement, Blue-chip