Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for.Duration
: Permanent, Full TimeLocation
: Marischal College
The interview will be in two parts, an assessment centre and a panel interview.We are keen to recruit a Quality Improvement Manager to work collegiately with secondary head teachers and wider partners to continue to improve outcomes for learners and families. As well as direct line management responsibility for secondary school head teachers, the successful candidate has a strategic remit for employability and positive destinations.The successful candidate will join a small team of Officers with a shared responsibility for leading improvement across the education service. We welcome applications from candidates who are keen to empower and enable the wider education team to ensure that the service benefits from the capability and capacity of the workforce.Job Purpose:
The roles of the Quality Improvement Manager are to:
- promote and support the improvement agenda
- effectively manage allocated areas of responsibility, including line management of a team of Quality /Improvement Officers and Education Support Officers
- support the delivery of the corporate and education policies under the overall direction of the Chief Education Officer and
- provide leadership, vision, professional advice and effective management to the Council and in particular, the Chief Education Officer.
Ensuring effective partnership working within schools and with partner organisations (both locally and nationally) with an interest in education will be vital.
The post holder will also demonstrate sound governance at a financial and operational level and, along with Schools Team colleagues, will be accountable to the Chief Education Officer, Chief Officer Integrated Children and Family Services, Chief Operating Officer, the Chief Executive and Elected Members for ensuring that the Council's corporate and strategic objectives are met and are reflected in the services under their responsibilities.
Requirements The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
- Educated to degree level
- Relevant professional teaching qualification
- Ability to provide evidence of GTCS registration or eligibility
- PVG Membership for Regulated work with Children and/or Protected Adults or willingness to obtain prior to a formal offer of employment being made.
Responsibilities The post holder is expected to demonstrate:
- integrated and cross-cutting approaches to policy and service development, implementation and improvement
- experience relating to work portfolio and knowledge of relevant legislation, council education policy and best practice
- proven record at management level of delivering required results within a customer focused organisation
- establishment and maintenance of successful, complex internal and external relationships across a variety of forums
- effective interpretation and implement of organisational policy in order to design and improve service delivery
- ability to treat people with respect; focus on equality, social inclusion and promote diversity throughout the organisation.
- excellent people management skills
- capacity to meet deadlines, satisfy political objectives and organisational priorities.
The Individual See Job Profile for further details.
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.Flexible Working
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.Disability Confident
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.Armed Forces
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: email@example.com. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs