Reed Education Reading are currently working with a local Primary School to recruit for an exciting opportunity, joining the school office team as Office Manager.This is a term time only, permanent contract. 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 8am - 4pm. Starting ASAP.
FTE salary: £20,092 - £21,748 per annumActual salary: £15,768 - £17,067 per annum
This school thrives on a culture of high expectations where everyone is committed to making a real difference to the children in their care. They aim to give their children the very best possible start to their education, developing person aspiration and a lifelong love of learning.
As a member of the school office team, we are looking for someone with experience in a similar environment within a school, with understanding of school systems and processes.
The right person will have great resilience and determination with good experience of the school office environment, following recent changes it is an excellent time to join the school team and develop the department.The role involves:
The successful applicant should have:
- Providing a full range of secretarial and administrative support, including confidential issues, for the Headteacher, leadership group, teachers and governing body as required.
- Dealing with parental, staff and pupil enquiries and act as a link between them and the Headteacher.
- Being responsible for the school diary, answering the telephone, acting as a receptionist, when necessary, typing letters and other general administration duties as required.
- Being responsible for attendance, including the maintenance of registers and absences through SIMS.
- Managing the administration of new pupils and leavers and maintaining the SIMS pupil database.
- Managing admissions and arranging parent visits and tours.
- Completing Trust, LA, government and employee returns.
- Good general communication skills.
- Good telephone manner.
- Good organisational skills - able to prioritise workload.
- Tact, diplomacy, confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Able to use Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience of using SIMS.