Weightmans is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards 2021 and achieved record rankings in Chambers UK, we are immensely proud of the work we carry out for our clients and the culture we provide to our people.
Our Casualty team provides a full, expert service in defending public and employers' liability claims, particularly workplace, public sector and claims against the emergency services. Weightmans' team is second-to-none in providing defendant litigation services in these specialist areas. We operate on a national basis with dedicated workplace, public and police teams.
- Manage a caseload of mainly multi track EL/PL claims, and assist others with their caseloads as may be required
- Handle claims on behalf of large insurers
- Assist with client development, training and networking
- Meet your annual chargeable hours target and other performance indicators
- Perform billing duties, ensuring bills are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure case management records are maintained
- Complete MI reports internally and for clients
- Adhere to Lexcel and other internal quality standards
- Work in accordance with the Firm's rules, policies and values
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will have other duties and responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.
The person specification
- Qualified as a solicitor
- Genuine interest in EL/PL law, with previous experience of managing defendant multi track EL/PL claims
- Strong technical skills and experience of supervising junior members of the team would be an advantage
- Experience of running sub cat high value casualty claims
- Good influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills
- Experience of complying with client SLA/s
- Any reference to experience or PQE in our adverts or job descriptions is to be used as a guideline only. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and with different levels of experience who can demonstrate that they fulfil the requirements of the role.
- The successful candidate appointed to this role will be subject to our standard background checking process, and any offer of employment made is conditional upon successful completion of those checks. Further details can be obtained from the Recruitment team.
- We're committed to diversity and inclusion and to creating an environment where everyone can reach their full potential. For more information please click on the following link: