Do you have experience in running a visitor business ?
We are looking for someone who can ensure we maintain excellent standards in conservation and help us run our operations efficiently. If this sounds like you please read on.Interview date 5th October
What it's like to work here
Situated in the popular holiday destination of Salcombe, Overbecks has a stunning cliff-top location overlooking the estuary and coast. The subtropical garden is a unique visitor attraction with plenty of opportunities for staff to be creative in this space. The Edwardian villa has a quirky feel with an eclectic collection of curiosities. You are likely to need your own transport to get here, however this is a rare opportunity to join a small, friendly team in beautiful and unusual location.
For more information about our property please visit overbecks
What you'll be doing
You'll be responsible for all aspects of the day to day management at Overbeck's Garden . Leading the staff and volunteer team you will provide engaging and inspiring visitor experience , maintain excellent standards of conservation and help us do more in future by running our business operations efficiently. Through providing an inspiring visitor experience you will help engage our visitors and encourage them to actively support our cause.
Please read the role profile for more information.
Who we're looking for
- Significant knowledge of running visitor business and multi departmental unit
- Proven track record of managing budgets, finances, small projects and contracts
- Excellent coaching, team management, motivation and communication skills
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Significant experience of managing operational risk, including how to assess and manage risk effectively
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.