Following the relocation of the current incumbent, a great supervisory role has arisen with one of Huntingdon's most stable employers.
Looking after a transactional team of 7 staff, this position will take day-to-day responsibility of the function and ensure that the billing and credit control function operates smoothly and within reporting deadlines.
The role will be varied and duties will include;
- Managing team activities, ensuring that workloads and productivity are achievable
- Ensuring that data on system is maintained accurately and that collection targets are met
- Regular budget review and adjustment if appropriate
- Month end reporting and close
- Ensuring that standards are maintained both internally and externally
- Training and developing team members on billing and credit control process
- Monitoring aged debtors, identifying areas of risk, putting in place measures to ensure collection or escalating as appropriate
- Working closely with the Head of Finance to review areas that need improvement and development
- Process improvement
- Monitoring team sickness and attendance
- Staff review, 1:1s and appraisals
- Ad hoc duties
This role will suit someone who has proven experience of managing a team and has excellent interpersonal skills.
The ability to lead from the front and where necessary do the role yourself is of paramount importance to the success of this role. With this in mind, the right person will have experience leading a transactional team and will enjoy being in the trenches during busy times whilst also being able to take a more holistic view of the bigger picture.
Experience of producing management reports and exposure to process improvement and being able to look at the bigger picture is also key.
This role represents a rare opportunity to join an business that has modern offices which are easily accessible and in addition they will continue to work in a hybrid pattern for the long-term.
Interviews will be taking place in the last two weeks of September.