Senior Financial Accountant - 21 month contract - Glascoed - £29.72ph UMB or £23.48ph PAYE (Inside IR35)The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
This role requires you to obtain a Criminal Record Check along with reference checks before starting.Senior Financial Accountant
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a hardworking, dependable and motivated individual to join our finance team as a Senior Financial Accountant.
Working within the Financial Accounting team you will be responsible for our processes and controls. Improving internal procedures and standardising our processes across multiple accounting systems will be a key part of the role. The role will also be the providing support to other colleagues within the team where required on a variety of tasks, continuous improvement, governance and financial control based activities.Your main responsibilities will involve:
Your skills and qualifications:
- Being the Subject Matter Expert (SME), process owner and understanding the team strategy working with the Financial Accounting manager to deliver this.
- Supervising maintaining and operating financial systems and processes in a constantly changing environment.
- Supporting data input on various accounting systems and the monthly financial close process.
- Supporting with preparation of monthly journals.
- Monthly and yearly reporting in line with company deadlines.
- Examining and analysing financial information.
- Presenting findings (written and verbal) to senior management
- Reviewing journals and reconciliations for accuracy & ensuring the integrity of the Nominal Ledger.
- Leading and supporting the team with the ongoing reduction of reconciling item numbers and identifying methods to drive down items arising on a recurrent basis.
- Developing good understanding of the various business units including Timetables, Chart of Accounts, Service Level Agreements, Accounting Systems, processes, systems and business.
- Developing strong relationships with your finance contacts, through regular customer interaction ensuring a high level of customer service is maintained. Liaising with them and assisting them with any fixed asset or leasing queries.
- Leading the team in various compliance and continuous improvement activities. Identifying, implementing and driving value added activities throughout the organisation.
- Supporting internal and external audit requests and various other compliance activities.
- Providing technical accounting support to the wider team
What we're looking for in you:We are looking for an ambitious and analytically minded accounting professional who is fully qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA or equivalent. Experience in a finance team and an understanding of Financial Controls and data protection regulations would be essential.An individual with excellent leadership skills who is logical and meticulous with attention to detail. This individual should also be a self-motivated, enthusiastic individual who is able to prioritise multiple activities and have the ability to work as part of a busy team environment with experience of delivering to strict deadlines. The Desire and ability to learn and develop new skills and you must be able to embrace change with a 'can do' attitude is essential.
- Fully qualified accounting professional, ACCA/ACA/CIMA or equivalent
- Have an understanding of Financial Controls and Data Protection regulations
- Strong analytical skills and a vigilant approach to problem solving - IT skills, particularly in the use of Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills demonstrating excellent customer service
- Strong organisational skills and a clear communicator
- Good decision making and influencing skills with a flexibility with an appetite for change.
- Good working knowledge of SAP and Hyperion would be desirable
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic individual who is able to prioritise multiple activities