Reed are excited to be working with this fantastic organisation who are all about personality and attitude . A successful, international business based in Bristol is growing and offering great opportunities. Established for over 15 yrs, with a growing portfolio of products and services, a network of over 26,000 businesses and strong relationships, they are the largest resource in the market.
What you will get
• Competitive salary: 19k
• Monthly socials & company Christmas party
• Occasional remote working from home
• Healthcare after 1 year of service
• Company Pension
• Statutory Sick pay
• 21 days holiday + bank holidays (and 3 additional days for Christmas J)
Working across the functions of the Finance Department, your core activity is to provide general support within the Finance Department and to the wider company, assisting the Finance Manager with the smooth daily running of the company operations.
Sales and Purchase Ledger:
• Sales ledger - ensure invoices are raised / posted accurately and in a timely manner.
• Purchase ledger - obtain authorisation from the appropriate person for all purchase invoices. Ensure they are coded in the correct nominals and departments and post approved invoices. Process payment runs to suppliers based on invoices approved for payment by the Finance Manager.
• Where any discrepancies or issues arise with sales and purchase invoices, raise this with the Finance Manager in order that a timely resolution can be identified.
• Keeping Sage customer and supplier records up to date.
• Supplier statement reconciliation.
• Adjusting order forms for discounts on 4D.
• Daily banking - allocate payments in accordance with customer remittances and bank receipts, and record on the database(s).
• Chase debt by telephone and email on a daily basis.
• Process and generate reminder emails for due payments.
• To liaise closely with the Sales staff with regards to order forms and overdue debts.
• Taking customer payments by credit card and posting to the system.
• Taking cheques to the bank in a timely manner.
• Producing customer statements.
• Regularly review debtors and liaise with the Finance Manager to ensure credit control procedures are implemented.
• Check, process and pay authorized staff expenses claims.
• Check, allocate receipts and process staff company credit card statements.
Subsistence Payments - Staff Travel:
• Calculate, arrange and collect from the bank payments of subsistence for staff attending overseas shows.
Who you are:
• You show initiative and are proactive in your approach.
• You are a born communicator, have an outgoing personality and are not afraid to pick up the phone.
• Organised, analytical and have a good attention to detail, ensuring all the 'i's' are dotted and the tees are crossed.
• You are bursting with enthusiasm, know that some tasks can be more exciting than others - nothing can bring you down!
• You are a problem solver by heart, tech savvy and know that it is your job to make sure that our team can work as efficiently as possible.
• Agile, multi-tasking and willingness to go that extra mile
• Excel & Microsoft word efficient.
Please get in touch if this is what you are all about