My job will help level the playing field for young carers by providing them with the support, friendship and opportunities every child deserves.
Job Overview: MYTIME is a rapidly growing organisation with huge aspirations. Our Finance Manager will be expected work in a dynamic, fast paced, and varied environment. Your role is integral in ensuring the charities growth is sustainable and every penny is spent as effectively as possible.
· Day to day responsibility for charity finances including budget control, banking arrangements and investments.
· Support the Chief Executive Officer with the financial management of the charity and work with the Board of Trustees.
· Ensure the Charity maintains good financial systems and support service development.
· Support with the preparation of monthly management accounts and budget-holder reports
· Contribute to the Charity's Strategic Planning Process and support the Fundraising Director and Programme Managers by providing key information and support.
· Work with MYTIME accountants and auditors to provide the annual financial report on the MYTIME Young Carers finances in accordance with the statement of recommended practice
· Lead, motivate, develop and manage the MYTIME teams knowledge and understanding of financial processes ensuring everyone in the team receives adequate support
· Manage the monthly payroll and ensure that all relevant requirements relating to HMRC, Pension and other third parties are complied with
· To be responsible for routine systems administration and maintenance of the finance systems
· Data protection officer- training for this role will be provided
· Manage the company asset register
· Contribute to the overall ethos / work aims of MYTIME
· Create a warm and positive impression of the charity when interacting with all our supporters, partners and young carers
· Help to foster and enhance strong links with organisations which will develop opportunities for MYTIME
· Participate in training and other learning activities as required, undertaking training as required to support the functions of the post and to enhance personal development
· Undertake any other reasonable duties when requested by the Chief Executive Officer or the trustees
Qualifications and experience desired:
· Fully qualified accountant
· Skilled in a range of finance and office IT systems including Xero
· Hands on approach and well-rounded experience while working within small or medium size organisations
· Experience of the charity sector would be an advantage
· Promote and support the safeguarding of young people and vulnerable adults
· Undertake regular safeguarding training as required