Contract: Fixed Term 3 months
Hours: 21 hours per week
Salary: £8.91 per hour
Age UK's retail shops are hugely important in raising essential funds to enable us to support older people across the UK.
We are recruiting for an enthusiastic Sales Assistant working 21 hours per week to support our team to provide a quality retail service to our Customers.
This varied role will include managing stock, displaying goods in an attractive way, taking responsibility for running our busy shop in the absence of the store Management team, maintaining the appearance of the shop and maximising sales and promoting Gift Aid to our valued customers.
* You'll have great communication skills with the ability to interact with a range of customers.
* This is a varied role, with lots to do, so a flexible approach to your work is essential as is a willingness to help where needed.
* Your good literacy and numeracy skill will be important
* You should be customer focussed and always keen to deliver a great service
* Experience in a customer facing retail environment would be beneficial but is not essential.
* 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
* A generous pension - we will contribute up to 6%
* Healthcare cashback scheme - money back for routine dental & eye check-ups
* Great shopping discounts and rewards (perfect for pay day!)
* A welcoming, supportive workplace where we recognise a job well done
* With over 250 stores you will be part of a team making a real difference to older people's lives
To comply with UK legislation we cannot accept applications from candidates under the age of 18 as the successful candidate will be required to work on their own in the shop without the aid of other staff.
Is this the job for you? We know that men, of all backgrounds, and men and women from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds are currently under-represented in our workforce, and we want to change this! So we are particularly keen to hear from applicants from these groups.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.