Teacher of Geography - Greenwich
Start: ImmediateTradewind Recruitment are looking to recruit
an excellent teacher of Geography for a 'Good' 11 to 18 secondary school in Greenwich commencing straight away. The Teacher of Geography will be expected to teach the KS3 and KS4 Geography curriculum with the school offering a full-time, permanent contract. NQTs are welcome to apply, as are more experienced candidates.
Tradewind Recruitment are seeking a talented teacher of Geography with the ability to teach Years 7 to 11. You will be dedicated to supporting students to achieve high standards, possess a strong work ethic and an understanding of comprehensive community values. In 2020 Over 60% of students achieved a pass in both English and Maths with 78% achieving at least a grade 4 in English and 65% achieving at least a grade 4 in Maths.We are looking for someone who:
The successful candidate will be:
- Has a passion for their subject and a strong understanding of the Geography curriculum
- Has consistently added value to their students and delivered high quality lessons
- Will create an atmosphere in their classes which encourages active learning and collaborative learning
- Will be committed to their own professional development
To apply for this role you must:
- Expected to teach Geography to Key Stage 3 and GCSE
- Expected to play a full part in supporting and shaping the English provision, including competitions, excursions and seminars
- Able to deliver engaging lessons of the highest quality
- An inspirational teacher who puts the children's educational needs at the forefront of everything they do
- Hold QTS status or equivalent teaching qualification.
- Have excellent knowledge of the Geography curriculum.
- Be available immediately.
This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, Overseas Police Clearance (if applicable) and professional reference checks. Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained. You must have the legal right to work in the UK.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact Tradewind Recruitment today.
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer