Assistant Service ManagerRed Houses - Virginia Water£23,000 per annum + benefitsFull time - 39 hours
A fantastic full time role has become available to join the team at Red Houses in Virginia Water as an Assistant Service Manager.
Red Houses supports 6 individuals with profound learning disabilities, physical disabilities and limited to no verbal communication. The people we support are all wheelchair users and hoisting is also used. The service is situated 5 minutes' walk from Virginia Water Train Station and is accessible by bus & train stations
You will act as a role model in the delivery of active support, you will promote and maintain person-centred approaches and inclusive community activities and develop further links. You will be expected to attend appointments with the people we support, attend care reviews, review and update care plans and risk assessments, record and monitor daily logs, lead shifts, administer medication, and cover the rota where necessary. Due to the nature of this role and legal requirement, it is mandatory for successful applicants to be fully Covid-19 vaccinated and be able to provide evidence of their vaccination status. About you;
Benefits of working for Avenues Group
- Experienced supporting individuals who have disabilities and behaviours that challenge.
- Experienced managing a staff team within social care or willing to be trained (including supervisions, probations, inductions)
- Offer bespoke person-centred support.
- To be able to support people with their personal care.
- Have a willingness to participate in recruitment and selection of staff
- Support the team to attend training, probationary procedures eLearning and induction.
- Be willing to lead by example and lead the team effectively
- To be flexible and be able to work shifts required (e.g. 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, 9am-5pm) including sleep ins (10pm-7am); all subject to change.
- To be able to be part of an on call rota
- Hold a full valid driving licence and access to own vehicle for business use
On successful completion of your probationary period, you will be considered to undertake a Health and Social Care Level 5 Diploma at no cost to yourself. This will assist you in career progression within Avenues.
- We pay for your enhanced criminal records disclosure
- Personal training & development
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Refer a friend bonus of up to £350 (T&C's apply)
- 31 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays (pro-rata), increasing after to 2 years' service and after 5 years' service
- Discount scheme on various high street shops including new airtime O2 contracts (T&C's apply)
- Pension scheme - if you join, we contribute too and life cover is provided
Please note this vacancy may close earlier than stated.