We are one of the largest learning disability charities in the UK, supporting over 2,500 people through our friendly, supportive, creative and diverse teams.
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our Operations team in Central England.
The Interim Operational Support Manager will be key in supporting the Divisional director and will:
• Lead and motivate teams. ensuring positive and effective communication across the area and maintain close working relationships with national colleagues
• Drive forward the development of services and growth of new services within the area, working in partnership with Local Authorities, families and individuals, create innovative solutions within the current financial climate
• Develop a designated area of the strategy and to contribute to other areas of the development of the strategy
• Effectively embed the Hft strategy, manage culture change and ensure teams have the required skills to implement
• Setting and then delivering the Divisional budget, liaising closely with the finance department
• Establish and develop your teams, ensuring that effective and positive performance management is in place and is routinely implemented
• Be an active member of the Hft Operations Leadership Team contributing to all aspects of National Operations development and efficient management
• Undertake national lead roles as agreed
• Develop strong working links with Central Support Services, ensuring positive two way communication and appropriate involvement in services
• Build strong relationships with CQC, Local Authorities, Health Authorities, Voluntary organisations and other bodies within your area
• Have a duty to adhere to and maintain Hft's Health and Safety policies, standards and guidelines at all times.
Salary: £50,019 pa
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week
Contract length: 6 months fixed term contract to work alongside the Divisional Director for our Central region.
Location: Emersons Green, Bristol
What we Offer
Access to the Hft Plus benefits package, which includes a great number of discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out, but also an Employee Assistance Programme, with telephone and face-to-face support options. Access to award winning training and development - Hft is one of only four charities to have achieved the Skills for Care 'Centre of Excellence' provider status. Annual staff award scheme - The Fusion Awards, and peer recognition through our GEM awards programme. 20 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) increasing to 25 days after a year of employment (pro rata for part time staff). A contributory pension scheme & life assurance. Free DBS Check.
The successful candidate will have:
• Substantial, recent experience at a senior level in field of learning disabilities
• Significant experience of implementing strategy
• Experience of fee negotiation with Local Authorities
• Experience of formulating business plans
• Experience of remote management
• Experience of developing new and existing services
• Substantial experience of managing significant budgets around £10m
We are looking for someone who:
• Is able to work within the aims, objectives, policies and practice of Hft
• Has strong leadership skills
• Is a clear communicator
• Has political sensitivity
• Is committed to the principle of involving the people we support in service
Closing date: Tuesday 28th September 2021
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
You may have experience of the following: Operations Manager, Operational Support, Strategy, Learning Disabilities, Charity, Third Sector, NFP, Not for Profit, Social Care, Disability, Vulnerable People etc.