Axon Moore are partnering with a high-flying international wholesale business based near Hyde. This is an excellent opportunity to join an SME that has gone through a recent MBO and experiencing accelerating growth. My client is looking to bring in a new hands-on Head of Finance/Finance Director to be involved in all areas of the business including commercial, operations and creating a new finance function. You would be reporting into the MD and will be a crucial part of the future of the business and possible investment/exit plan.
The role will include:
- To bring in the full finance function by setting up the management reporting, systems, controls and processes
- To implement, maintain and design a suitable financial system for the business to grow
- Lead on internal and external reporting, production of monthly accounts, year-end and management information
- Looking at stock levels, FX, managing cash, costings and building new cashflow models
- Manage working capital cycle, WIP and forecasting
- Build relationship with banks, insurers, solicitors and other external stakeholders including possible investors
- Have full ownership of the P&L, balance sheet reconciliations and commercial projects
- Supporting the MD and other stakeholders with any financial and commercial support
- Ad hoc commercial/operational projects including analysing new skews, logistic and warehousing costs and direction of the business
You will be a fully qualified accountant from either a ACA, CIMA or ACCA background and ideally have a wholesale or services background. You will need to have a solid level of accounting background, excellent commercial experience and use to a SME environment. Setting up a finance function would be beneficial.
Salary is £75k - £80k + bonus + benefits
For further information or for immediate consideration then please contact Perran Cooke at Axon Moore