Private Client Court of Protection Legal AssistantShirley, SolihullUp to £23,000 per annum
We are working with a well-established, Lexcel accredited multi-office law firm who are seeking an experienced Private Client/Court of Protection Legal Assistant to join their busy Private Client Department in Shirley, Solihull.
Our client offers a very supportive, friendly, and professionally rewarding work environment, underpinned by their enhanced family friendly policies and commitment to all staff's wellbeing. Whilst the team are busy and hard-working, they do not have an "excessive hours culture" found in many larger firms doing similar quality work. They are very committed to giving employees a good work-life balance, allowing them to thrive at work. The position will involve:
Suitable candidates will have:
- Assisting Fee Earners in the Court of Protection team, who act on behalf of vulnerable clients and looking after their finances, clothes purchases, liaison with care homes, etc.
- Dealing with telephone enquiries, including with vulnerable clients
- Meeting with clients
- Dealing with work with accuracy and speed, acting on instructions of the fee earners
- Maintaining good organisation of new and ongoing files (the firm is mostly paper-light)
- Taking messages from new and existing clients
- Undertaking diary management, task management and general support for a busy fee earner including organisation of work and filing
- Previous experience working in Private Client Department of a law firm
- Experience of dealing with Court of Protection matters
- Good organisational skills
- A background in/awareness of financial matters, including Excel spreadsheets and bank reconciliations
- Strong administrative and organisational skills and a methodical approach to work
This is a full-time permanent job working 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday. The role is office-based, however there may be some flexibility for hybrid working in the longer term. Benefits include:
- 24 days' annual leave plus the option to purchase additional days
- Matching 4% pension contributions
- Life Assurance of 4x salary
- Discounts on personal conveyancing and wills
- Corporate discounts on gym memberships, restaurants, and days out
- Annual flu jabs
- Ongoing career development and CPD training, with ample opportunities for staff to build on their skills and experience
Salary is given as a guideline in line with market rate and will be wholly dependent on experience. The information given above is correct to the best of our knowledgeFor more information,
please contact Tracey or James at Talentwise Solutions About Talentwise
Talentwise Solutions is a family-run, boutique recruitment agency specialising in legal professional and business support jobs throughout Coventry and Warwickshire, Birmingham and the Midlands.
We offer a tailored service, to find the right role and the right cultural fit for our candidates, and rest assured we will never forward your CV to any firm without first gaining your consent.Know anyone who might be interested
? We offer generous bonuses up to £500 for successful referrals. Conditions apply - contact us or view our website for details.