High growth R&D/Tech business.
Home/ 1-2 days Bristol office based.
Having doubled in size over the past year, the business is now entering the next stage in its incredible journey.
With further plans for an even more rapid growth phase next year, this is a newly created role.
They are looking for a qualified accountant with experience gained within the Profession or Internal Audit; ACA or ACCA, your role will be essential in ensuring compliance and risk are identified, processes are mapped and then fully documented.
Over time, as the company increases it innovation and manufacturing, more strategic solutions will need to be identified and tighter controls implemented.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the role has huge challenges and rewards, variety, complex stakeholder management and no day would be the same.
The initial role would include:
- Project management of the company wide SOX programme
- Defining an internal compliance framework agreed with internal and external stakeholders, of all levels
- Produce Internal documentation and testing of financial and business controls
- Support external testing and confirmation of Group as fully SOX compliant
- Business partnering with process owners to agree controls in line with the framework
- Understanding of risk and control
- An ability to cut through ambiguity and find a way to get things done and provide clarity.
- The confidence and assurance to manage stakeholders with multiple fast-moving priorities and little time.
- The flexibility to create and develop processes and controls inside a fast growing organisation
- A desire to work with pace in a rapidly changing, hugely entrepreneurial environment.