We are looking for patient and engaging tutors to support children who are out of mainstream education. Many of the pupils who we work with can be vulnerable and display anxiety, so a gentle and nurturing approach will go a long way. Pupils can range in age from Year R up to Post 16, and so a tutor will need to have experience in one or more of the following:
- Primary - Primary curriculum with a focus on Maths and English
- Secondary & GCSE - English, Maths and Science; a specialism in at least one of these subjects.
- SEN - Varied needs such as Autism, ADHD, anxiety & depression, sensory needs, communication difficulties, Social & Emotional needs, dyslexia, medical needs, Specific Learning needs
What We Ask for:
- Plan and Deliver tailored tutoring packages on a 1:1 basis
- Engage the pupils in the sessions through varied learning-based activities
- Flexibility to adjust sessions accordingly
- Build a positive relationship with the pupils
- Awareness of Safeguarding at all times
What We Offer:
- Tutors are reliable and committed in order to ensure continuity for our pupils
- Have updated Safeguarding Children training - this can be completed through ourselves
- Uphold Safeguarding policies and procedures at all times
- Weekly reports on progress & engagement to be submitted
- Competitive pay rates
- Access to our CPD Academy
- Dedicated Tuition team who will support you through the vetting process and offer you roles
- The ability to work around your availability - a better work/life balance!
If you are interested in working as a Tutor with us, please do get in touch by applying for this role, or email your CV to me on
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.