Venn GroupSoftware Engineer UML/ADARecruitment Agency Reference:7100650Location: BristolRate: £37 p/h PAYE / £48.31 p/h UmbrellaSC Clearance Required
A position has arisen for a Software Engineer
within a leading Defence organisation in the South West. This is a 6 month contract with the likelihood of extension thereafter.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- The role will involve software development and integration testing with the equipment containing the software under test and suitable skills in this area will be expected.
- The development uses UML (Rhapsody) and Ada95 (AdaCore).
- To undertake a full range of engineering activities in line with relevant processes, quality and other requirements, supplying specialist advice and support across projects, other business units and customer as appropriate.
- In particular the Design and Development of software for real-time systems.
- This role will undertake both host based software design and development within an existing architectural framework.
- This role will also undertake integration of Weapon Control Unit subsystems using complex simulators of other Missile subsystems.
- This integration will be take place on representative and final deliverable target hardware
Advantageous candidate experience:
- A valid SC clearance
- Knowledge of SysML would be useful.
- Experience of working in High Dependability systems would be beneficial.
- Experience of both UML (Rhapsody) and Ada95 (AdaCore).
Please note: candidates will need to satisfy security criteria.
If you are interested in this position or would like to find out more about similar roles please contact Dom Vieten on and email your updated CV to
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.