The Finance Assistant Manager will ensure the Finance Officer's duties are completed correctly and reviewed thoroughly to ensure no errors. They will also assist the Financial Controller in carrying out duties in all areas of the finance remit.
* Production of Statutory Financial Accounts
* Production of Monthly Management Accounts and maintenance of flexed budgets
* Signing off bank reconciliation for both fee and payment bank accounts
* Reconciliation of Balance Sheet Accounts including: VAT and Tax ledgers; Salary and payroll control accounts; Investments in subsidiaries, goodwill and intercompany accounts.
* Preparation of VAT returns
* Preparing Payroll Journals
* Production of Tax Return information
* Preparation of Malta financial Service returns and production of ANLA
* Maintenance of annual flexed budgets
* Audit liaison and preparation of materials for audit
* Procedures manual, ensuring all work done is in accordance with the finance procedures manual and updating as appropriate
* Plan and priorities own workload and work with colleagues to ensure that targets/deadlines are achieved
* Train new members of the team and assist other members of the team where there is uncertainty