We currently have a position available for a motivated individual to join our team as a Domestic Customer and Corporate Services Finance Manager
Joining us on a full-time, permanent basis, our DCS & CS Finance Manager will receive a competitive salary of £45,000 - £60,000 per annum depending on skills & experience,
plus excellent benefits.South West Water
is part of the Pennon Group, a very successful and stable business that prides itself on sustainability. We provide reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for a population of c. 1.7 million in Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset.
We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today's residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Responsibility for the environment is central to this. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers.Our core values which are essential to our success are:
- Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
- Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
- Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
- Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We're one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition. In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits which include free car parking at the majority of our sites, company Sharesave Scheme, and various health benefits.About the role of DCS & CS Finance Manager:
Working as an integral member of the finance team, you are conduit between our Finance function and Customer Service & Corporate Directorates. Partnering with the business with professionalism and with ease is paramount as you build trust with your internal clients, emphasising financial controls, budget forecasts and providing practical solutions. Responsibilities as our DCS & CS Finance Manager include:
- Ownership and review of the monthly accounts for the Domestic Customer and Corporate Services Directorates, ensuring the reporting to the Head of Wholesale Finance and relevant Directors is on-time, accurate and relevant to the readers' needs
- Effective analysis and interpretation of data supported by professional communication to Management and other key stakeholders
- Managing the budget and forecast timetables for Directorate activities and ensuring all relevant members of the business are fully aware of their responsibilities
- Ensuring robust financial controls are in place over operating costs and capital expenditure
- Reviewing the end to end financial controls for the Directorates, identifying and driving delivery of improvements
- The preparation and review of budgets, quarterly forecasts and business plans as well as continued monitoring and review of performance against them to enable robust reporting of variances to the Board and third-party stakeholders
- Supporting the Directorates in the achievement of each of their respective strategies and annual goals and objectives
- Liaising with external and internal auditors
- Actively contributing to the development and delivery of the wider SWW Finance Team and company objectives
- Undertaking financial appraisal of contract tender bids
- Taking responsibility for financial information on Company Annual Performance Reporting tables specific to as required
- Taking responsibility for Regulatory accounting assumptions & cost analysis What we are looking for in our DCS & CS Finance Manager:
- ACA accounting qualification (or equivalent)
- Appropriate post qualification experience
- Experience of managing a team of financial staff in a busy operational environment
- Experienced in improving financial procedures, controls and management informationClosing date:
Monday 27th September 2021
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply
now to be considered as our DCS & CS Finance Manager
-we look forward to receiving your application.