My client is a well-established law firm and currently looking to recruit an Assistant Management Accountant to join their team, working alongside the Management Accountant on all aspects of operational finance; providing a professional, friendly and efficient support service to all clients (internal and external), dealing with enquiries promptly and ensuring appropriate client service standards are met.Financial Reporting
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management information and fee earner performance statistics.
- Prepare the monthly accruals and prepayments, generate the month-end trial balance
- Nominal transactions
- Maintain VAT records and prepare the VAT returns
- Assist with preparing the annual budget and monthly variance analysis.
Compliance and Legal Cashiering
- Work closely with the Management Accountant, to achieve collection of the firm's invoices
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Ensure all financial transactions are correctly posted in accordance with the SRA Accounts Rules and the FCA rules for authorised professional firms.
- Ensure any identified regulatory compliance breaches are reported to the Finance Director/COFA on a timely basis.
- Carry out the following daily functions, including corrective action if required:
- Checking data integrity at the close of business
- Transfers between client and office accounts;
- Running of an "overdrawn report".
- Maintain a central record of all bank accounts operated by the LLP and to ensure all reconciliations are carried out
- Prepare and/or check bills in relation to significant Personal Injury matters only, ensuring time recorded, disbursements and recoverable expenses are correctly allocated and VAT correctly calculated; to post the same onto the system and deal with any bill amendments or credit notes as required.
- Check Estate Accounts for accuracy and completeness against the client ledger as required.
- Review static balances on a quarterly basis, ensuring any residual client balances are dealt with under rule 20.2 as appropriate and to support the archiving process.
- Deal with day to day queries raised by clients and fee earners and communicate information and reports as required for their resolution.
- Prepare and execute CHAPS payments (telegraphic transfers), foreign payments and BACS payments with associated authentication procedures and in accordance with the firm's procedures.
- Carry out daily transaction processing and support other team members as necessary to ensure there are no back logs and processing is reliable and complete.
- Liaise with the firm's auditors and bankers as required.
- Carry out other tasks as and when required by the LLP and the Finance Director.
- A suitable professional qualification - e.g. AAT, part qualified ACCA, ILFM
- Experience of working in the accounts department of a professional firm
- Working knowledge of the SRA Accounts Rules
- Ability to work accurately, prioritise work and adhere to critical deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Proactive and able to raise challenge in the interests of achieving the best outcome for the client and the firm
- IT literate, with experience of using legal accounting software, bank electronic payment software and BACS payment software; good Excel and Word skills