Home-basedSalary £28-36K, plus equityAbout Us
Vestd is the UK's original share scheme platform for startups, scaleups and SMEs. Our mission is to encourage founders to use equity as a lever for business growth.
We are an innovative, fast growing fintech startup with big ambitions, and our team is on a mission to increase equity inclusion.RequirementsThe role
This is an exciting new role within the Engineering Team at Vestd, to come onboard as our first dedicated test engineer; supporting fundamental aspects of our product and gaining exposure to the many elements of B2B software development. This engaging position will develop your skills and experience, so a keenness for self-directed learning is paramount. You will be placed at the heart of rapidly changing business needs, allowing you a unique opportunity to gain a comprehensive understanding of the entire company.
Passionate about every step of the testing process, you will write new and improved automated tests, run manual user tests and guide the Engineering Team in how best to test their code. In addition, using our comprehensive test suite and automated testing pipeline built around Github actions, you will drive this forward by ensuring we are using high-quality tools.
Working with other departments, your role will be essential in ensuring the entire product delivery, working closely with Vestd's Product Managers on the acceptance criteria and also to support the Customer Success Team, you will investigate bug reports, prioritise and create tickets to support or client base.Responsibilities
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results
- Helping to write automated tests (PHP) and guiding engineers in best practices for automated testing
- Report bugs and errors to the development team
- Investigating bug reports and helping to troubleshoot issues
- Conduct post-release/post-implementation testing
- Work with different teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
The core skills we are looking for are as follows, with bonus points on offer to help you really stand out from the packEssential
- Experience as a Software Tester for a web-based service
- Basic coding skills and ideally experience with PHP, PHPUnit and Laravel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail & an analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
BenefitsWhat you can expect
- B2B SaaS experience
- Experience of working in a remote team
- An understanding of how equity works
- A passion for startup life
- Entrepreneurial experience
Vestd is a fast-growing, ambitious and progressive startup. We are a diverse team with a strong work ethic and plenty of hunger to win..
Customers love our innovative product and the support that they receive, which makes working here very rewarding.
You'll learn a huge amount from people who have decades of combined experience building successful businesses.
Our team works remotely, so you will have a lot of flexibility in terms of where, when and how you work. What matters most is your contribution. We will give you as much support as you need along the way, though you should have a strong desire for autonomy, which is one of our company values.Why work for Vestd?
Your work will make a huge impact and your voice will be heard. Here are some of the main reasons why people like working at Vestd
- Fully remote and flexible working conditions
- Competitive salary
- Equity (of course!)
- A budget for training / professional development
- Team retreats twice a year
- Creative and fast-paced environment
We're looking for somebody with initiative who can see both the business and their own growth path. It is a great time to join our team and this is a superb role for the right person.If all that sounds like a good fit then we can't wait to hear from you. Please email your CV with a covering note to email@example.com, outlining why you are a perfect fit for this role.
We're striving to build a diverse team and welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply. We believe that unique differences are what makes a strong team and are actively committed to building an inclusive work environment.
You will need to be primarily UK based and eligible to work in the country.