Do you want to be part of the team that builds the future of planning and tracking work at GitHub? Our team enables customers to bring their ideas to life, innovate and collaborate throughout the whole project lifecycle. GitHub Issues is a market-leading service to manage and track work right where it happens.
Learn more about GitHub's project management tools: h
Enhance the project management experience at GitHub by working closely with a community of engineers and designers with a distributed, diverse and passionate team delivering the services that millions of developers depend on. In this role you will design, prototype, implement, ship and support highly performant and inspiring user experiences with your team.
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers, people who care about culture as well as customers and features. We believe that how we do things is as important as what we do. Big vision, a common purpose, passion for quality, curiosity, dedication, and investment in fun and collaboration are what lead to great results. Great products reflect the teams that build them.A day in the life:
Our team is distributed worldwide, which means we work asynchronously most of the time. Your typical week would include:
- Collaborating with design, analytics, support, and product management to understand the problems we want to solve and exploring how we can solve them
- Discussing and collaboratively solving engineering and product problems with collaborators in Slack or Zoom
- Opening a Pull Request to implement the next most important feature or fix the most critical bug
- Trying to reproduce a reported bug and responding to issues we've received from the community
- Reviewing your teammates' Pull Requests and providing helpful feedback
- Working with your engineering manager in your one-on-one meetings to grow your team and career
- Scope out and implement technical solutions that scale across multiple GitHub services
- Become intimately familiar with the systems you build and take pride in writing maintainable code
- Write architecture briefs and proposals, carry out code experiments, and build prototypes to learn how we can achieve planetary scale with our systems
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, pairing opportunities, and code reviews to encourage the growth of others
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in modern web stacks (e.g. Rails, Go, React, mySQL, ...).
- 2+ years of experience in technical leadership. This includes driving technical decisions and guiding broader project goals.
- You have excellent analytical skills as well as communication skills both verbal and written. We're a distributed team that often works asynchronously so we're extra mindful about communication.
- You are a clear and effective communicator, be it when you write code, write emails, or explain complex technical issues to non-technical co-workers.
- You are passionate and self-motivated, witha demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Who We Are:
- 1+ years of experience working remote as part of a software engineering team.
- 1+ years of experience working in React.
- You have experience in building top-notch, design-driven user interfaces
- You have strong data analytics skills
- You have experience in designing and writing real-time web applications.
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world's most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together-as individuals and in teams-to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.Leadership Principles:
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice KindnessWhy You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.