Digiterre is a software and data engineering consultancy that enables technological and organisational transformation for many of the world's leading organisations - be they commodity or energy traders, banks or investment managers, digital disruptors or public sector providers. We envisage, design and deliver software and data engineering solutions that users want, need and love to use. We achieve "Agility. At Greater Velocity" because we care about taking ownership for solving the toughest technical challenges and creating outstanding outcomes. As a consequence of this approach, we typically deliver high-risk, high-profile and time-constrained projects in less time than competitors, often significantly so.
Digiterre has won at least ten different industry awards including Best MiFID II Solution - Trade and Transaction Reporting awarded by HFM European Hedge Fund Services.
Our working culture is highly collaborative, consultative, and respectful. We fully understand our client's needs as they evolve through the development lifecycle and use modern tools, methodologies, and technologies to enable us to work closely with in-house experts, and their end users, to maximise the benefits to all involvedRecruitment Agencies We are not looking to onboard additional suppliers at this time and will not respond to resumes sent speculatively for this opportunityRequirementsAbout The Opportunity
We are currently looking for an experienced, collaborative .NET developer to create bespoke software development solutions for our clients. The responsibilities span all phases of the software development lifecycle, working in small agile teams. This role is a consultative position so will require excellent communication skills, collaborative style and a genuine focus on customer satisfaction.Expectations
As a senior developer, you will be expected to perform the following activities
- Collaborate with our clients to identify current and future requirements.
- Responsible for design and development of bespoke technical solutions.
- Ensuring high standards of code quality are met through measures such as peer review and appropriate testing.
- Contribute to Digiterre's growth through participation in recruitment and selection processes.
- Collaborate closely with the Digiterre team and external stakeholders to maintain Digiterre's reputation for quality and service.
- Experience working in the Financial Services or Energy/Commodities Trading industry is essential to be considered for this position.
- Solid skills in database and application design and development.
- Experience in best practice software development and system architecture.
- Degree educated or relevant industry experience.
- Specific hands on technical experience required
- .Net Core and C#.
- Hands on experience developing microservices with Web API.
- Experience developing Distributed Systems.
- Experience with messaging infrastructure (Enterprise or Cloud based).
- Experience with automated testing (e.g. TDD, BDD)
- Experience developing highly-scalable services using .NET Task Parallel Library
- SQL Server or other relational DB experience.
Highly Advantageous Commercial Experience
- Consultancy mindset- demonstrates genuine empathy and desire to work collaboratively to solve customer problems.
- Commercial awareness - a desire to use technical skills to drive business improvement and profitability.
- Good prioritisation and time management.
- A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having the determination to follow things through.
- The ability to present and absorb complex ideas quickly and accurately.
- A team player, self-confident and collaborative.
- Attitude - enthusiastic, positive, and self-motivated.
BenefitsContract opportunity.The selection process
- Any NoSQL development experience.
- Experience developing Event driven systems
- Experience with web technologies, including Angular framework (2+)
- DevOps experience (Azure DevOps, GitLab, GitHub etc.)
- Cloud Architecture and/or development experience (AWS/Azure)
Selected candidates will undergo an initial video screen followed by online assessment and a technically focused interview with potential peers and leadership.
We undertake background checks as part of our compliance requirements, the type of which depend on the level of security required for the role or client project.