DescriptionUK Remote (but may be required to travel to London at least once per week)
We are looking for an experienced full-stack engineer to help us build out an innovative new product at a very exciting time in Qubit's evolution.
Join our community of engineers working with the latest cutting edge technology in a friendly and supportive environment. As a member of our Product (Full-Stack) Engineering team your mission is simple: use whatever technology is best to ship great products to our customers. You will be given the freedom and autonomy to solve a diverse range of problems while influencing the direction of what we build. Simply put, we love writing great code that delivers value to the business and our customers. Here is some tech we are particularly interested in at the moment:
- Many Google Cloud Platform products, including BigQuery and Dataflow
- Modern testing frameworks including Jest & Cypress
Qubit is the leader in delivering highly persuasive personalization at scale. Leading brands in retail & travel work with Qubit to transform the way they understand and influence their customers. Companies like MandM Direct, Topshop, Louis Vuitton, Ubisoft, River Island and Halfords are using the Qubit personalization platform to increase revenue, build loyalty and significantly improve their marketing efficiency. Every week Qubit is used to personalize approximately $600 million in online sales. Headquartered in London, the company has offices across Europe and the U.S.Responsibilities
- Architect and build scalable microservice systems, utilizing our partnership with Google Cloud Platform to leverage cloud technology.
- Understand business problems and translate them into technical solutions.
- Instrument, test and deploy your code to production (we like to automatically deploy multiple times a day).
- Work closely with your product and design teammates to discover the right product to build.
- Work closely with the infrastructure team to build and scale applications, using our cutting-edge CI/CD stack to own the deployment of your code.
Here are a few things we are looking for in our ideal candidate:
- Several years experience using a modern frontend framework, such as React or Vue, to build complex yet intuitive web applications along with a reasonable understanding of how they work under the hood.
- Several years experience building + deploying microservices using server-side technologies such as NodeJS or Golang.
- Experience working with cloud technology, preferably GCP or AWS.
- Proficient in SQL and writing production-ready database code.
- An excellent communicator, who enjoys solving hard problems as part of an agile team.
- Generous equity options
- Excellent private health and dental insurance packages
- A monthly subscription to the wellness platform Heka - https://www.hekahappy.com/
- A relaxed approach to time off and working from home (although we are all remote for now!)
- Top of the range macbook pro
- Subsidised gym membership
- Thank Qubit It's Friday - we have lots of creative ways to let off steam at the end of the week
- Per-employee budget for training and development
- A subscription to the learning platform Learnerbly - https://www.learnerbly.com/
- Pension scheme with contribution matching
- Paid parental leave
- Dedicated time for charity/community work via Pledge 1%- https://pledge1percent.org/
At Qubit we believe that culture has to be nurtured. Our engineering team is constantly iterating on how we build software to create an environment that is supportive, friendly and driven. We encourage activities such as cross-functional pairing so that everyone has the opportunity to learn both technical skills and problem solving techniques. We promote engineers having direct customer exposure so that everyone has a shared interest in product discovery, and we regularly experiment with new ways of working.We champion diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace difference with open arms and see it as a huge benefit to our community. We are dedicated to equal opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. If you have a disability or need that requires accommodation, please let us know.